Thursday, February 5

Song.Coffee.Gas



So here I am again writing. Ever hear a song on the radio that for some reason brings, or almost brings a tear to your eyes? Well, just a thing happened while I was driving home this morning. And that’s all I have to say about that. OK, fine, the song was, “Torn between two lovers,” sang by Mary MacGregor. It reached #1 on the pop charts in 1977. One reason I think it hit me was because she just has a beautiful voice. Another reason might be because it reminded me of a woman I was deeply in love with, my late wife Renee’. We talked about it being possible to love two people at the same time. Not that either of us did, just that neither of us saw a reason why it shouldn’t be possible. And thirdly it might’ve panged my heart because I miss the feeling of being in love. Ironically enough I just decided within the last couple of days not to worry/think about that as much anymore. To just let it happen, or not, when/if it does or doesn’t.
          When I first arose out of bed this morning I thought that I’d probably bed returning back to bed once I returned back home, like I did on Tuesday morning, but I did not. On the way home I was debating on whether or not to stop and get a cup of cappuccino at 7-11. That’s when the gas gauge dropped to two lines, meaning I should probably get gas either before or after picking-up my son this afternoon. However, taking the eventual need to get gas soon into mind, I stopped at the aforementioned store, went inside, filled a coffee cup, and told the attendant that I also needed gas; using 2 stones to kill one bird, or the other way around. Now I’m debating on whether or not to brew a pot of coffee. Decisions!

No comments: