Friday, August 4

Not Registered on Network



Friday, August 04, 2017 - 2:35 PM

Yes, it’s time for another episode of “Another Day in The Life of Me.” So, I was having an issue a couple of days ago with getting my phone, getting it to connect with the network (Cricket’s network – i.e. My cell connection). Oh, I could do everything I wanted to, just couldn’t make or receive a call or send/receive a text message. I would get the error msg. “not registered on network.” I did have my daughter try to call me, and she said it went directly to voicemail, and when she texted me she noticed nothing different on her end. To me, that's right out of The Twilight Zone, because I only knew she did those things because I asked, other than that I was oblivious to the contact attempt. You may or may not think, “so, what is the big fucking deal?” Well, in hindsight, I was stressed out for seemingly nothing, BUT, I couldn’t figure out why I was getting that error message and it was driving me batshit crazy. I was even thinking, “what if something happens and E. can’t call 9-1-1?” However, I went to the Cricket store yesterday and asked her if she could help. She took the SIM card out of the phone, waited for a few minutes, put it back in, put the back onto the phone, restarted it, typed a number in, and VOILA, it was fixed. What did she do differently than me? She waited longer to put the SIM card back in. Nothing I read on=line suggested that. Why the fuck not? Well, the good news is that I’m mentioning It now, so, hopefully others that have the same message pop up will be able to fix it. I suppose I should also mention that it’s believed that the message was happening on other networks too, because there were problems with the cell towers in a few counties. That is another Twilight Zone occurrence in my book. Crap! Now I’m going to be Googling that! LOL

The coffee is ready. I’ll be right back!

That’s good, even being decaffeinated. I usually drink decaff when I make coffee at home because of probable Trigeminal Neuralgia (face pain). However, I’m still not 100% sure of that, simply because I have dental issues. However, one of the symptoms of TN is tooth pain, or gum pain, whatever. I guess I just don’t want it to be true. Hence my risking pain by getting Cappuccinos at The Corner Store for a couple of days, a couple of days ago. They’re just so good!

No comments: