Friday, February 16

Cold wind a blowin while we went to town

Brr! It's frikkin' cold out there with the wind blowing! We had to go into town today and pickup my prescription, get lottery tickets, and eat lunch. It wasn't TOO bad as long as we could get parking spots fairly close. *grin* But we also needed to do some of our weekly shopping at the Wal-Mart Super-center in another city. While there we needed gas. THAT'S when it was REALLY obvious that the wind chill was, well, chilly. *smile* I don't know what the actual temperature was, but it *felt* like it was 20 or blew. A few minutes into pumping the gas, I had this fleeting temptation to shut the pump off and get back in the van. I even had gloves on and the hood on my coat over my head, but the wind was blowing right passed the rear of the van, into my hood so that it was like I didn't have the hood on. 'course my ears didn't get cold, so that was a plus, but the rest of me did. And I couldn't just set the nozzle to click off when it was full, because even while I was standing there it shut off before the tank was full. *sigh* So I stood there freezing while the kids sat in the van listening to music and Rain waiting in the store to pay. Lucky, lucky people! Oh the things I do for my family. *grin* Then we went and got a few groceries (not many, we bought enough cat & dog food, and wife-cigarettes at the beginning of the month to hopefully last the entire month), but we did need milk and a few other 'essentials'. Other than that, been up to pretty much what we're always up to, nothing earth shattering. Bye for now :-)

Technorati : , , , ,

4 comments:

lovelife said...

Yes the wind was bad in springfield today also. try to not get cold.

Anonymous said...

My goodness, Todd! That sounds awful! Sending you warm thoughts.

Anonymous said...

OH! BTW, I will begin using my Blogger account soon (just to let you know).

Todd said...

Cool, I look forward to "hearing" from you! *smile*