Tuesday, February 13

Long Lane weather, what I watched, and what I plan on watching

I opened this program earlier to write, but closed it because I didn't think I had anything to offer to the blogsphere. I still don't, but feel like writing anyway. It's a cold day outside. Been right around 30*F all day, but it's been windy, so of course it's *felt* cold outside. That is, the one time I went out, it felt cold. LOL.

What have I done all day? Been on the computer, mostly. I watched part of a show about people who survived where nobody thought they would. For instance, one guy decided to go on a walk in Hawaii on the lava fields to get closer to some volcanic lava flow and got lost. He spent 4 days in an area he just happened to find after wandering around all day that was covered by plants that grew out of the lava. Someone in a helicopter just happened to catch a flash of light off of a mirror he had for his camcorder, and got the pilot to go lower to see what the reflection was off of. Then there was another segment of a couple of guys who went ocean fishing and something happened to their boat and they were floating on the ocean for a few days on just a lid from a cooler. One guy died before anyone spotted them. The other guy was passed a couple of times by people on boats that saw them and went on passed. The jerks. How can someone do that? But finally another boat saw him and took him to a hospital. Then there was yet one more episode of a guy that was snowboarding in an area of Keystone where he wasn't supposed to be, got into some trees that were too close together to board through and had to take his board off. Once he did that, he was stuck because the snow was way too deep to just walk through. He was there, in the trees where nobody could see him when they flew over, for about 3 days and nights. He covered himself with limbs he broke off of trees, to stay as warm as possible, which wasn't enough. I believe these were all episodes from the show "I shouldn't be alive".

Other than that, I got a couple loads of laundry done. I made breakfast for my son and I this morning (a hamburger for each). Plus I ran the dishwasher, which is now waiting for the kids to unload because it's one of their daily chores. *grin*

Tonight we'll watch "American Idol", "House", "Miami Ink", then whatever else we can find.

Technorati : , , , , , , , ,
Ice Rocket : , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

lovelife said...

how did you like american idol? we watch it also.

Todd said...

"how did you like american idol?"

It was a pretty good show. I was surprised it got to the "group" singing so quickly, much fast than last year. Probably because there were people from more states this year. Anyway, so far, not too bad :-)