Friday, February 23

Nice weather, yardwork, bowling, evening with friends

Well, I really didn't plan to write right now, but there ya go and here it is. It's been absolutely GORGEOUS weather the last few days. Yesterday we *finally* got the whole family outside to start cleaning up the downed branches from the ice storm, together. I was in charge of the chainsaw :-) Rain was in charge of feeding me the limbs to cut. She used the wagon to prop one end up, then slid it across so that the end that needed cut was in the air. We got the kids to use the branch/twig loppers to get the tiniest bits and small branches off so we didn't have to pull them off of the logs. *smile* Once we had enough to fill our shallow wagon (4 inches deep), we did so and the kids took the wagon down to the wood shed and dumped it. We cut enough to fill two wagons, the largest "logs" were only about 3-4 inches in diameter. We've still got a *lot* more branches to cut-up and stack, plus a few trees that we want to take completely down. So we'll have plenty to do this Spring and Summer. I'm tired just thinking about it. *grin* But like we told the kids, by the end of Summer we should *all* be in better shape! :-)

Wednesday we went to the park and met with a couple of families that also homeschool. We had a good time. I had taken these balloons that you blow-up, They're long and when you let go of the end it goes flying around squealing with delight for being set free, I guess. LOL. Anyway, I had a pack of 6 I think, so the 4 kids that were interested had a good time with them. At one point they were trying to see who could catch theirs when it came back down.

Today, Friday, we went to the bowling alley and bowled with a few homeschool families we know. That was definitely a good time, also I still just *suck* (my score: 81). I just could *not* get into a rhythm. *sigh* That's okay, it was still fun. We're going to be having one of the families that were there over for supper and a board game this evening. Really looking forward to that! Plus, their son is about the same age as ours and he's going to spend the night tonight. My son is *really* looking forward to having his friend stay over and play video games and talk with him. Hopefully they won't stay up all night. *smile*

Other than that, today I need to finish two loads of laundry and vacuum before they get here. Shouldn't take too long, but I want to get it done, after my email of course. *smile*

Technorati : , , , ,
Ice Rocket : , , , ,
43 Things : , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

sounds like you all worked well as a family.
also sounds like you had a nice time with your home school people.
Have a good weekend.