Saturday, February 10

"No new messages" Eudora, Thunderbird, and Penelope (email programs)

Well, I'm not surprised (that's there's no email messages), as I *should* be busy doing *something* outside since it's a sunny day out there. And just why am I *not* outside doing something? Well, because I've been messing with the computer. Oh, don't worry, I'm NOT changing any files. LOL. So Rain still has all her "favorites" and "bookmarks". *grin* Mostly I have been messing with Thunderbird-2 (beta). I was using Eudora-7 in the free mode up until today. The only reason I was using it was because of that 'reply' feature that automatically moves the highlighted text to the reply message where you add your comments. Right now my wife and I are using two separate email clients. She's using Outlook Express, and I'm now using Thunderbird-2. When I wanted to check on the blogs I'm subscribed to I had to switch from Eudora to TB to do so. I *finally* decided that I didn't *need* to being using an email client separately from our blog-reader when I could get both my email and blogs with TB, so I've discontinued Eudora. Hopefully, when Mozilla gets TB and Eudora combined into what they're calling "Penelope", they'll have the one feature that I was using Eudora for. If not, I'll stick with TB. Anyway, I was just looking for cool add-ons for TB and found one that allows you to read your RSS feeds in the same folder as your email (as opposed to having separate accounts) called "Forumzilla". I'm not sure if I should re-create all my blog-feeds in that, or keep them where they are. Probably the 2nd option as I was only having problems getting one feed downloaded.

Well, enough of that. I'm just started blabbing about 'things' because I was tired of *just* messing. I've got other things on my mind, but I'm getting kind of tired of being at the computer, so I'll write them another time. Bye-bye :-)

Technorati : , , , ,

4 comments:

lovelife said...

just stoped in to tell you thank you for reading my stuff, makes my day at times to see your replys.

Todd said...

"just stoped in to tell you thank you for reading my stuff, makes my day at times to see your replys."

Oh, you're welcome. I know what it's like to wonder if anyone is even reading your blog, so I feel that if someone you know is writing and you read it, they should know. *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Oh, I would love to use TB! I have given up using a mail program, because I can't get any email program to send through my email account. I just end up reading online. I really hate doing that.

Todd said...

bnolen said...

"Oh, I would love to use TB! I have given up using a mail program, because I can't get any email program to send through my email account."

When I sent email through the email system on my own host, I had to download mail first and then send, otherwise I get an error. Something about initiating the mail-server.