Saturday, February 3

Dragon pose. Homeschool group. Letter from mom. Pay day trip into town

kilala.dragon.jpg

This is Kilala doing his dragon pose. *smile*

My excuse for not writing as often as I once did this time is... my homeschool e-group has picked-up the pace, so I've been spending a lot of time reading and participating in the conversations there. It was already a fairly busy group, but after being joined by 5 members from a list I was on *years* ago, it *really* picked-up. And I must say that I, for one, am quite happy about it. *smile* Now all we need is for some members that used to be heavy contributors to somehow find the time to join in once again. I'm sure they will in their own time.

I got a letter from my mom earlier this week. She is home from the hospital and says that there is still pain, but it's not too bad. She sounds like she getting her sense of humor back too, so I'm happy to report that I'm feeling confident that she'll make a full recovery and be able to walk without the walker in no time flat. She also mentioned that the feeding tube has been removed and that she's happy about it. It was really touch n' go there for a while. I hadn't gotten a letter from her in *several* months, so just that fact alone means she's doing pretty well, although now I feel sort of obligated to write back. *smile* I was thinking about doing that a couple of days ago, just like I was thinking about blogging a couple of days ago, but there was that whole thing with a certain e-mail list's mail coming in fast and steadily that kept me from both. *grin*

Not much is happening. We got some snow the other day. Not a lot, but enough to turn our road into a snow-packed one, which means we can only get out of the neighborhood one way, because the other way has a huge dip that our van won't be able to navigate without getting stuck until the snow-pack melts. So, yesterday we ventured out, nerves in our throats and white knuckles on the steering wheel, and went into town and had our "pay day meal-splurge" at Pizza Hut. It was YUMMY! *smile* After that we went to the gas station and put $30 worth of gas in and that brought the gauge to a little over 3/4 (from a little under half a tank). Then it was on to the feed store to get some chopped corn for the chickens and ducks. We told them we wanted 3 bags, paid for said bags, and went out to open the back doors of the van, only to have the boy that would normally load the bags into the van for us tell us "we don't have any chopped corn". *sigh* So we went back in and asked when they would be getting some, he called the shop and relayed to us that it would be there in about 10 minutes. No problem, we could wait. Waited about 10-15 minutes, saw a truck with a bunch of bags pull into the parking lot, went back out to the van. The loader of bags then comes out and says, "There aren't any bags of chopped corn on that load, sorry". *sigh* So we went BACK in, and when they saw the look on our faces, told us that the second truck would be there in 5 to 10 minutes. *shweh* (wiping forehead) Yes, we finally got the bags we paid for, and headed back into town to get a few things at the grocery store (like chocolate for instance. lol) and then stopped at another feed store and got some rabbit food (pellets) to use as litter for the litter boxes. Plus I got another pair of muck boots. I desperately needed them too. I had patched as many slits as I could with duct tape and the duct tape had all about fallen off. It was quite pathetic really. LOL. But now I've got boots I can wear in the snow and mud without worrying about my feet getting wet. YAY!

So there ya go. That was our day. After we got home we just did "the usual" stuff like watching TV, kids played a video game, read email, fed chickens & ducks, split wood, ran the dishwasher, etc.

Technorati : , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Ice Rocket : , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your mom is doing so much better! I'll bet she's thrilled to be home.