Wednesday, February 7

Getting started. Trees, branches, Firewood. Letters. Survivor

Well gosh, not much really happening today, at least not around here. Although we did get a few things done, after noon when I got tired of *trying* to nap on the sofa. I don't know why I was surprised I couldn't fall asleep even though I felt lazy though, because I had taken a couple of those "Energize" pills that you can buy (and we did) at Wal-Mart. LOL. I have only been taking them on days when I get up early (7-ish a.m), which has been every day this week so far. Anyway, once I got off the sofa and kicked my butt into gear, I went out and brought the step-ladder (painter's ladder?) in from the shed so I could change the light bulb in the bookshelf room. Got the bulb changed and decided that the bulb cover needed to be washed, so I put it in the dishwasher. LOL. Gods forbid that I wash it by hand! *grin* So, the ladder has been standing there all afternoon. Not much longer though, because the dishwasher just finished :-) I get the cover put back on and take the ladder back to the shed.

We also did a walkabout around the front 5 of the property and looked at the damage the trees sustained by that ice storm. That and we just wanted to enjoy the above average temperature and sunshine before it cools off the rest of the week. And no, I still haven't turned any of the fallen branches into firewood. Been too cold out there, and when it wasn't yesterday and today, I didn't want to spend the nice days working. LOL.

Speaking of downed branches, we've decided that when we do finally get around to putting the chainsaw to work, we're going to cut down 6 Poplar trees. 3 in the back yard (2 that are by the pool), and 3 in the front yard. Why? Because they're NOT good shade trees, and when it gets hot in the summer, they drop their damn leaves, and we especially don't like leaves falling/blowing into the pool all the time. We're going to put nut trees in their places. One of the trees in the front yard we're going to take down is an Elm tree that broke in half last year and that half fell on our house. Luckily, it hit right on the edge of the porch, so it didn't do much damage. Then the ice storm made the tree look *really* bad, so we're going to put it out of our/it's misery. *grin*

Plus I got the log droppings cleaned up from where we stack the wood when we bring it in. I just couldn't take tracking wood bits all throughout the house anymore. So rather than bitch and moan about it, I just cleaned it up. While in that mode of clean (carpet), my wife vacuumed the stove room, living room, computer room, and cat food/litter box room. YAY! Then later we brought some more wood in, after splitting it of course. *smile* Speaking of firewood, we're getting low, and we don't think we'll have enough dry wood to get us through March unless we're *really* frugal, which we are usually anyway. So yesterday I called our wood guy, and he told me he only has "green" wood. Well, that wouldn't do us any good this year, plus we can make our own "green" wood by cutting up those branches, so I told him "thanks anyway". Now I need to look in the paper we'll be buying tomorrow and see if I can find someone else selling dry wood. We only have $60, so we're hoping to find a half cord for that (we paid 120 for a full cord last Fall). Wish us luck! :-)

Oh, and remember me saying I felt obligated to write a letter to my mom and day because they wrote us one? Well, got that done yesterday and mailed it out today. *smile*

Other than that, not much happening. Don't forget... "Survivor Fiji" starts tomorrow night!

Technorati : , , , , , , , , , ,
Ice Rocket : , , , , , , , , , ,
Buzznet : , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: