Wednesday, March 7

Playin', runnin' around, and choppin' wood

downedwood.jpg

This is all the wood, from the downed branches, that we've cut up so far. Still a *lot* more to do.

Today we went to the park to meet with other homeschoolers, but one family had something come up at the last minute and couldn't make, the other one that went to *a* park, went to a different one than we did, so we didn't see them either :-( The kids swung for a little bit while Rain and I watched from the van. *grin* After a few minutes we got out and went to the swings after the kids went to the spinny thing. I actually stopped at the pull-up bar first, and found out I cannot even do one. *sigh* When I was in middle school (back when it was called junior high in the late 70's), I was able to do 20 pull-ups without stopping or touching the floor. Ah, those were the days! Then I went to the swings and sat down while Rain spun the kids on the spinny thing. After a little bit of that, we decided to go ahead and run some errands in town while we were in the area. We went and picked up my prescription and bought a couple of lottery tickets. Then we needed to get a refund for a game thing that my daughter bought and then found out she couldn't play the same games that her brother could on his Gameboy. So, with the refund money and a *little* help from us, she now has her very own Gameboy. *smile* Afterward we went to lunch at Mickey's, then to the driver's license place so Rain could get a new license, and then to Save-A-Lot for our monthly meat purchase. After we got home the kids of course played on their gameboys, Rain took a nap, and I messed around until she got up (checked for program updates, ran a couple of scans, read some email). Once she was up and awake, we went out and cut some more wood. And THAT was our day... so far. By the way, I thought the males on American Idol sucked last night! I really hope the girls give better performances, which I sure they will, just like they've done for the whole show so far. Take care!

Technorati : , , , , , ,
Ice Rocket : , , , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , , , ,
Riya : , , , , , ,

2 comments:

lovelife said...

Hi AI sucks this year not sure why I keep watching it.
sounds like you all had a good day.

Anonymous said...

DANG that is a lot of wood! It's great you don't have to buy wood.

Despite the mishap at the park, sounds like you have a great day!

Congratulations on the new Gameboy! Now you won't see either child for a while! LOl!