Saturday, December 13

Esoteric thinking continued...

Clicking enlarges, and I just thought this to be a beautiful picture

More on the deep thoughts or esoteric thinking. Oh wow, I actually spelled esoteric correctly without any hints from the program or spell checker. That has special meaning because...(?) It's just something I thought of and wrote down. If it means something to you... great... if not, that's cool too. What I've been trying to figure-out is not only what to write, but why I should write down what I'm thinking. You know, that ol' "why would people care what I'm thinking?" thoughts. That's when it came to me, or I had a realization, or perhaps it could be called an epiphany... That I should just write what I want and let the words speak for themselves, so to speak. I do think of myself as a rambler. Which is basically a justification for being (want to say flaky, but that's not the right word) all over the map as far as consistency goes. Maybe a better word would be congruity? Hmm... I'll have to think about that. Anyway, today I'm just writing whatever comes to mind. Not worrying about who is interested in anything in particular. Only that I think it's interesting.

We've been watching a PBS channel all morning that has the 'Create' station-symbol in the bottom, right-hand corner of the television screen. Ordinarily I wouldn't choose this channel or any like it, or I would change it. Today I decided not to change it and just do other stuff if the content of the program didn't hold my interest (also, it was my wife who chose the channel). Oddly... I've actually stayed fairly entertained with all the cooking shows that've been on. They've all been about holiday treats like cookies, cupcakes, candy, and things of that nature. That's weird because I've never been a person who cooks, other than something quick because I just can't wait for anyone else to cook for me any longer. LOL. I suppose I do like food, I just don't enjoy the making process enough to be a cook. That and I don't really feel the need to experiment with different flavors that aren't readily available. In other words I don't do much searching for new or different food than what I'm used to eating on an everyday basis. It is the holiday season... so I'm trying to be a little more cheerful, upbeat, fun, light, and in general more in the celebratory mindset. In other words trying not to be a downer to anyone's happiness or frivolity.

In other matters... I do feel guilty of not being a good creativity motivator for getting the kids (used loosely because they're really teens, not kids) to try and do other things to entertain themselves with things that don't involve a television or computer screen. Unfortunately for them, I've never really been a craft seeking person. I don't know what to suggest to them, or even if I should be suggestive. They've never really been the type that cared a whole lot what you think they 'should' be doing. Since they seem to be pretty normal for their age, at least from what I remember from being a teenager, I'm constantly thinking of what, how, if I should teach them on any given day. Whew! That my friend... I recognize what an extreme example of a run-on sentence. LOL.

Brought to you by: FringeFolkFarm

No comments: