Wednesday, December 10

Sunset picture with deep thoughts attached

I took this picture last month after we got our new-to-us camera. Wanted to see if we really could take pictures that actually looked like we hoped and expected. Yes. I've always like taking shots of sunsets but haven't had a good enough camera for a long time. Anyway, this is a November 2008 sunset looking toward our pasture toward the west.

Was playing a game of pool that I suppose could also be called practice. I was trying to think of a good reason to write in my blog, although already writing in my private journal. No, I don't think that much else besides what I wrote in my journal is interesting enough to anyone but me, to share. I started asking myself why I should write, as if I was someone else. That's when I thought a good answer would be, "Because I can, and that's going to have to be good enough! That's why!" After thinking for a while longer, while still practicing pool shots, I remembered that song by whatshername where she sings, "Do it anyway. hum hum hum hum hum-hum". Those hums are real words that I simply cannot remember. *smile* I'll see if I can find a link to the video, song, or both at the same time, in a minute. It's moments like this that I'm totally unsure on which if any words I should have link to wherever. *sigh* For some reason I have been super contemplative and aware of things I say. Thinking that whatever, is probably just really obvious to everyone else, hence questioning whether I should say anything or not. Questioning why my particular opinion make any more sense then what they already know or think anyway. The funny thing is, I really am not depressed, just having these super deep thoughts all the time. Have you ever experienced that? If so, how long was it (if ever) before you got back to normal hum-drum thinking?

3 comments:

lovelife said...

O i love that pic. i have deep thoughts right b4 i go manic then after i do that for a few days i am fine. not saying you are like that sorry lol

Serial Mommy said...

i get that way sometimes. not being able to think of what to write, or getting caught up in real life, and i know i have stuff to share, but i just don't get around to it...i have pics that i still need to edit and post from thanksgiving and last sunday when we made pumpkin cupcakes! you've been tagged rambleman, please head on over to my blog, claim your tag, and follow the instructions when you have the time. thanks!

Todd said...

To Lovelife: I don't think I am manic/depressive because my highs/possible manics don't last long enough. Thanks for thinking about it though.

To Serial Mommy: Thanks for chimming in. I'll be over to see you in few.