Saturday, December 6

Plastic, pool and sickness continued

Well, don't feel any better this morning. Nose is still stuffy, and when I breathe harder than usual for any reason, I have to fight-off a cough. Which means I shouldn't exert myself, that's all. Not hard since I don't exert much cough inducing effort most of the time. Guess I could mention that when I got outta bed I had a headache and a backache, so first thing was ingesting some Ibuprofen, Mucus relief via generic Benedryl and another medicine. That can't be good for a stomach with nothing on it.

Played a game of pool. Didn't play using regulation rules, just got the ball that was easiest to shoot at, in the pocket. Still took me about 15 minutes, which is what a normal game between two players take-up in minutes.

I mentioned yesterday that we put a sheet of plastic on the north side of the house. Don't know whether it helped the heaters keep the house warmer or not. I know now, because Rain told me, that we need to put some heavy rocks and whatnot along the bottom edge on the outside to keep it from blowing too much. If it blew too much then it would temp fate to raise a wind which might blow the entire sheet of 10X25 foot plastic away. Don't want that to happen. That would hint that we should buy another sheet and put it up to replace it. Don't want to drive into Buffalo to get one, so we'll do everything we can to keep the current one attached to the porch. Anyway that's what I think Rain was possibly thinking when she told me about it needing rocks moved to the bottom of it. Will probably get to work on that after I eat brunch since I can't think of anything else that needs to be done. Well, other than another load of laundry. Need would be too strong a word as I'm not feeling THAT energetic or motivated. The bathroom hamper-basket is full, so it would be appreciated if the things in it were washed. It's mostly towels, but since we still have a couple of clean ones, it's not an emergency to get the dirty ones taken care of.

This morning's been alright. Drank a pot of coffee while watching cartoons that weren't for a less immature audience. Then played pool. Bye.

Rain's new e-store

2 comments:

Serial Mommy said...

it's nice to see another guy doing laundry...my hubster helps out like that...i do prefer when he does the dishes, he always forgets the pretreater and mixes colors together that shouldn't be mixed, but at least he tries, right? it sucks about the cold, but i'm right there with ya!

Todd said...

Yes, trying is good. We wash everything in cold water. Hence we don't separate at all anymore. Besides, it's not like we have important people to impress. *smile*