Tuesday, September 2

Bye bye chickens

I did just what I said I would... I posted to FreeCycle yesterday afternoon and offered all 25-30 chickens, and their coop. Lots of people interested. If all goes well, the chickens and the coop will be gone tonight. No more hosing chicken shit off of the porch. YAY! No more buying expensive chopped corn (granted, it has only been 1 50lb bag/mo for a while now). No more getting up at 7 a.m. to let them out of their coop. No more having to worry about getting home before dark if we go out visiting friends. No more suddenly realizing "Oh crap, has anyone locked the chickens up? It's really dark!" I don't know anyone who has experienced "the letting go" of stuff, but this feels (or will) really nice. It's like I'm getting another piece of 'freedom' back. COOL! Just got a call from the people who're coming for them this evening, so it's really going to happen. They will have to come back for the coop though, as they can't get a trailer to haul it in until this weekend. That's okay though, and of course said that plan was cool.

They'll also be taking the broody pen (below), which we will fill-up with chickens.

rabcbroodypen.jpg

2 comments:

lovelife said...

i wish I could have chickens

Todd said...

Maybe some day you will then.