Thursday, September 18

Firewood, stick bug, bentos, shoe rack, garden

(click any picture to enlarge it)

This is a picture of our back yard after I cut down 3 Poplar trees. For two reasons: 1) They were old and starting to make us worry about falling on the house (the 2 closest), 2) Firewood for the upcoming winter. This is what I've been doing for the last 3 days. I've gotten two of them cut into logs and my DD & I moved most of those logs into the wood shed to dry yesterday. Still have one more tree to cut up, but I need to sharpen the chainsaw chain before I can.

These are what are called "Bentos". Rain got the idea from our good friend "Hippie_Mamabear". She (Rain) remembered just last week that she had a bunch of tupperwear and thought this would be a great to use them, so my son and I wouldn't starve to death waiting for her to cook us something. *lol* The problem with me is that I don't have much of an appetite most of the time, so I don't go looking for food.

This is our "new" shoe rack. It used to be used for video games, but they fell over and then off too easily, besides us not being able to convince our son to keep his games there. Our dog, Sugar, has this 'need' to 'babysit' our shoes whenever we're not wearing them. She doesn't chew them or anything, just has them laying with her wherever she's sleeping. It's cute, but makes it hard to find the shoes because she only takes one at a time.

stickbug.jpgThis one is already full size. Anyway, this "stick bug" was on our door the other day so I took a picture of it.

And last, and probably least, this is/was our garden this year. As you can see, didn't really spend much time working on it. Mostly because we're not really big veggie eaters anyway and also because we're hoping to move.

You are now all caught-up with what life here on the homestead has been like for a while now. Up until I found these pictures I couldn't think of *anything* to write.

4 comments:

lovelife said...

my sis ate a stick bug whe were were kids so i liked that pic lol

Todd said...

Was that because YOU suggested she try it? LOL.

lovelife said...

we might of told her to eat it or we would feed it to her as we held her down lol

Todd said...

Yeah, uh-huh, I thought maybe. LOL. I have a big sister too. *grin*