Thursday, September 18

Celtic fair pictures

I took a couple of pictures today for my blog, and when I was looking at them for downloading to the computer, I noticed that I had some pictures I took when we were at The Celtic Fair in Buffalo, MO on the 7th of Sept. I had *totally* forgot that I took them. I was so excited about showing the video I took that I spaced the photos. *grin* So I figured I would post them before I get to the current events. As always, click on a picture to enlarge it.

This is from the edge of the parking lot when we first arrived.

This is just a picture of the bonfire pit (aka: grill) where they'll place the burning 'swords' after they call each clan's name.

They are calling the Clan names and lighting the swords or whatever it is they're using. Never got close enough to see what they *really* were. Anybody know?

Same as above, only they're now marching towards the fire pit.

They've arrived at the pit, layed the fire sticks in, and are doing what I think was a prayer for a clan member that passed over. (?)

This is the same as the last picture, only a bit closer.

No comments: