Tuesday, September 23

Chain sharpening and file saving

I sharpened the chainsaw chain again yesterday, and a bit better than I did it the day before. Actually, while I was doing it yesterday it crossed my mind that I really didn't sharpen the chain the last time because I didn't apply enough pressure to the file. Yesterday I did though, and it did seem to cut better. Today I am not cutting any wood though because I apparently strained my back by stupidly trying to lift one end of the tree onto a log to raise it so that when I cut, the log would just fall off. I don't know why I do shit like that, especially knowing I've got a bad back, or at least an easily tweaked one. Then to top it (my back) off, I did a couple of sets of 10 stomach crunches. Unfortunately it wasn't just my stomach that got exercised. Sigh! I do want to say that sharpening the chainsaw chain wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be, nor was it as time consuming as I originally expected. So, not only do I feel good in that I learned a new ability, but we're also saving money by not paying someone to do it for us and also by not driving the gas-beast into town for that reason.

read_only.jpg

I was just in the process of saving the above writing to my journal CD and computer. Actually, for some weird reason (most reasons seem to be) I can't save it from Microsoft FrontPage directly to my CD. I have to save it to a folder on my computer, then send that folder to the CD, then delete it from the computer so anyone that would be inclined to hack my computer looking for something "juicy" wouldn't find anything. In case you're wondering, when I try and save an HTML FP page directly to the CD it says "the folder is marked as read only". I have tried changing that, but it doesn't allow me and says, "access denied", which I don't understand as not only is this my computer, I'm logged on as the administrator/owner of it. Anyway... I feel a lot less depressed now that I've written what started out as being "for my eyes only".

access_denied.jpg

It *just* occurred to me that if I didn't have a folder to save the files to but rather just saved them directly to the unfolderized CD that the aforementioned "problems" might not exist. *sigh*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for the chain saw sharpening and boo for the trouble with windows.

i hope you all are well.

Todd said...

Nice seeing you again. As for the window's problems, it's prolly more me that it. *sigh* How are YOU doing? :)