Tuesday, October 14

Book. Organizing. Giving. Software. Grass Hopper.

Book: I am currently putting together about 50 pages of my journal/blogs (mostly journal) to create a book. It'll be self-published since we can't afford to hire a publisher. Currently it's in the editing stage as a 'first copy'. Don't know how many times it takes to make it perfect, so wish me luck. I am doing it because my wife thinks that people like to read about somebody else's life, especially if it isn't the normal type, say, like homesteading, weird pagans. *smile*

oaktable.jpgOrganizing: We decided that this place needs to have some life re-infused into it. So we've been cleaning and reorganizing. Sanded the feeding table (above) that used to be where the cats dined, and moved it into our bedroom for use as a cutting table for my wife's sewing. The room the cat's table was in is now where the stand-up freezer is along with shelves that will be holding the currently outdoor plants over the winter. Most of those are tropical, therefore heavy, so hopefully the cats won't bother them too much. Now we need to relocate the dead dryer and use that space to store the portable dishwasher, thus creating more open space in the kitchen.

twnbed.jpgGiving: Decided to put the exercise machine that was in our bedroom, upstairs, now that the twin bed that wasn't being utilized is gone to a happy freecycler. Yes, I am planning to start an exercise routine, which makes sense as the equipment we got years ago should be used more.

Software: Was looking at an old CD with old journal files on them that were put on the disc when I used OpenOffice program YEARS ago. Well, I decided the easiest way to view them would be to download and reinstall the OpenOffice.Org software. Now when I write my private journal I use it again, but this time I'm saving my writing using .rft extension since that OpenOffice isn't the only software I use to read writing pages.

bighop.jpg
Although you can't really tell by this picture, that grasshopper was HUGE!

3 comments:

lovelife said...

I think your book will be cool to read. We all have a life story so I bet yours is a good one.

lovelife said...

thank you send me some happy vibes when you can i need them

Todd said...

Re: Book. Well, there's really only one way to find out, so I guess I better get to it, eh? Thanks for the inspiration.

Re: Happy Vibes. U.R. Welcome and I will.