Wednesday, October 22

What and Where to write

Trying to figure out what the hell I want to do, I decided to at least start with writing in my journal. If, and only if I decide it's worthy of other people's eyes will I post it. If I do, it'll most likely be on my Blogspot & MySpace blogs, and on my Gather page. I wish there was a way to send it from my off-line program directly to Gather just like I do to Blogger, then I would save time so I didn't have to log in to post to that G spot (snicker). Anyway, yesterday I wrote about a video I made while mowing around the house, today I've uploaded that video and am now waiting for it to go live/finish processing so I can "swap" the non-existent audio with one in YouTube's memory banks so that the video isn't quite so boring. I think it's totally true that music adds a LOT to ANY video. I'm sure other people agree.

So I've been contemplating lots of things about this writing time, and decided (just now actually) that I really don't have any deep "issues" right now keeping this private, other than using quotes too often. That being said, I've only been asked why I use them so much by one person the whole time I've been putting my verbose on the Internet (10 years). You wouldn't think that I would let ONE opinion affect how I do it, but I do. Probably because the person that asked the question and then made a comment that I shouldn't use them so much is my older sister. Perhaps because she is the ONLY blood family that's shown even a tiny amount of interest in the life I'm living, and even that isn't very freakin' much. I know I've whined about that in the past, but honestly it's NOT an issue - I've, as they say, moved on and no longer dwell on who pays attention or amount of attention I get on or off-line. Bottom line: Nobody likes a whiner, they just tolerate them! Nuff said.

Perhaps you're wondering about that book I said I was writing. Well, I still am, but it takes time because contrary to what I assume people assume about my life... I do have other things to do besides be on the computer. It is being worked on though. The last page to be edited was #26 of approximately 52 pages.

Anyway, speaking of things I need/should to do. One is the replacement of the screen with a glass window for the front screen door. The other is going into the attic and checking to see if I need to do any more weather stripping using duct tape at the very top (inside) of the roof (above the rafters) to keep any rain from coming in. What else is needed is that we get some spray foam/gap filler applied ON the roof under that metal cap at the point. When it is raining AND windy, sometimes water gets blown under that cap that runs the entire length of the roof, in spots that I can't get to from inside the attic to seal. The upstairs bedroom where the moisture shows that, was here before we were. I was on the roof the other day thinking of using duct tape on top of the roof, but I didn't feel like wiping the roof off so that the tape would stick better. Besides, although no one could've seen my handy (not) work, it just felt cheesy to me. That's when I came back in and suggested that we get some foam filling stuff the next time we have a little extra money. I was agreed with, but said money hasn't shown itself yet.

It appears that I'm once again at the end of my journal page, now I need to cut & paste this into my blog-writing software (Zoundry Raven) and add links for on-line use.

2 comments:

lovelife said...

cool that you are working on the book.

Todd said...

Thank you, it's really slow going, especially when I want to keep up with everyone else.