Tuesday, October 21

Busy day, but

10/21/08

Feel like I've been busy all day, but don't feel accomplished at this time. Got two of the 3 prescriptions I called in picked up. Would've gotten all three, but one needed the doctor to answer the call-back from the pharmacy who needed her to renew the 'scription that ran out so that they could start filling it anew. She hadn't called the pharmacy back when we were there to pick them all up, so we just got the two and will go back later this week to get it. That will probably be after Wednesday if we need to get new lottery tickets, unless we win Wednesday night's drawing.

Anyway, while we were out we stopped and got new lottery tickets, some M&Ms, small bag of dog food, big bag of cat food, and a business name registration application from a bank. That'll be sent in within the next day or two with $7. Once we get that back we'll find out about how to do the business tax forms. After that, or during the process, we'll eventually go back to the Family Services Office and re-apply for food stamps because we'll be able to show that Rain is working at a business... OURS. They won't be able to claim she's not trying to have an income; nor will they be justified in censuring her because she isn't employed. So, not only will we be able to spend less of our money on groceries, we very well could have money coming in from selling things ourselves. Rain is going to make shirts and other clothes to sell on-line (Ebay, etc.).

While in town we stopped and got 5 gallons of gas. Later I mowed the front and back yards as quickly as I could (because I thought it was going to rain). I even made a short video, but it only shows what's in front of the mower for less than a minute. Not the most exciting video I've ever seen, but then my videos haven't been so far, and I've made quite a few.

Other than mowing, I also washed a load of and hung clothes on the line, which was brought in by Rain when she thought it was about to rain, but it didn't. The clothes were/are still a little damp, but not bad - they're hung-up and put away. Oh yeah, I also got some trash burned, although we didn't need-need to, but because the forecast for tomorrow and beyond is rain, we figured we should burn what we could today.

Ever since the weather started changing, meaning that a storm began blowing in and it become very, very overcast, we've been having really slow DSL speed on both computers. Hopefully it'll be back up to speed tomorrow, but I'll believe that when I see it. Generally this slow speed and flaky connection issues happen whenever there's high humidity. I suppose we really should just expect that and not get so annoyed, but we really would like perfection 100% of the time. Is that too much to ask?!

On the emotional side, for the last week or so I've been doing a lot of soul searching. Trying to figure-out what I am all about and what I can expect from myself in the not-to-distant future. What I've decided is that I'm the stereotypical hippie who sucks at capitalism and doesn't have the knowledge, fortitude or passion to make a lot of money for myself. So unless I'm extremely lucky, like my book selling or winning the lottery that is generally considered a waste of time, I'm pretty much as "well off" as I'll ever be. And THAT is what I'm accepting.

2 comments:

TheyDHD said...

I love ya, ya hippie! *hug*

Todd said...

Thanks, that's always good to hear!