Wednesday, October 8

Service Engine Light, Oct 7 Presidential Debate

I'm thinking it's NOT the cruise-control system somehow causing the "service engine soon" light to come on, at least for now. The mechanic checked it an got a #32 error. We drove into town today and did not use the cruise-control at all. Thought that could very well be why the light hadn't came on, but then it did when we were about 7 miles from home on the way back. I guess it still could be the cause, but I doubt it. It *might* also be that we need to change the air-filter cuz we haven't done that ourselves since we bought the van 3 years ago. And the reason is because it is just a big, ol' pain in the butt to do it...I think. I think you have to take the console out inside the van to get to the air filter. Again, not difficult, but it will require re-attatching the carpeting on said console again. *sigh*
Other than that, doing pretty well. Watched the presidential candidate debate last night, and I think that Obama did better.

2 comments:

Fairie Mom said...

Don't ya just hate those lights with their stupid error messages!
my SRS airbag light has been on for nearly 3 years now and 4 different mechanics have not been able to figure out why! Luckily none of them have charged me for it and luckily, even after todays accident, I haven't needed to find out if the airbag will work or not!
Good Luck with that though!
G

Todd said...

4 years, eh? LOL. Yeah, we've had an oil leak for at least a couple now, and that's what he says is causing the light to come on. Doesn't really matter since we can't afford to pay to fix it, and it's running pretty much the same as it always has. You know, some trips better than others, but we always seem to make it home unscathed. *grin*