Wednesday, April 1

April Fools Day and updates

November sunset in Missouri
(November Sunset)

==
Happy April Fools Day! Before breakfast I took a wet load of clothes out of the washing machine and hung them on the line. Because I believed it would at least feel much warmer than it had the days before, I didn't put on my coat. Should have because it was a little windier than I expected and therefore felt a little chilly to me. Got the clothes hung-up without too much suffering and didn't even catch a chill or pneumonia. LOL. The next time I took clothes out to hang I did wear a jacket and it felt warmer, more pleasant, and went smoothly. Wifey helped with the second load, then we came in and I played a game of pool with her. It was a good, fun game, and I'm looking forward to playing her again some time today.
==
I was considering taking down the plastic that is blocking the wind from blowing on the north side of the house today. Was actually thinking about it yesterday too, but the wind was blowing pretty hard and was freakin' cold. Plus, on the news last night they were suggesting that there was a chance for a frost in some areas. Although I pretty much knew it most likely would not get that cold here because we're generally about 5 degrees warmer than where the TV station is, I chose not to de-plasticize the porch, was glad I didn't. Haven't fully decided one way or the other as to whether today will be the day. Or if the indoor windows' plastic will be taken today or not either.
==
I also got the trash taken to the burn barrel and burned this morning. Cannot remember right off the top of my head whether or not it was before or after breakfast. I'm thinking before though, for what that's worth.
==
Been meaning to update whoever cares about the 'check engine soon' light on the van. After we drive it at 60 mph or above for an extended amount of time (10 or more minutes I guess) the light goes off. Have decided that it's coming on before that because of the 0² sensor. Will be looking up where that is and how to fix it on the web later. Hopefully it won't be too difficult. We don't think it would be a huge deal if we didn't fix it right away since it's been going on and off for a few months now, and the van seems to be running okay.
==

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that check engine light! We borrowed a code reader. Found out ours was throwing an O2 sensor code. So, changed the one it said to (over $100). Turned out we had two rear O2 sensors. Changed out the other one (same price). Check engine light went off for two weeks, now it's back on. We might buy a reader instead of borrowing because of this. Irritating is not the word to describe how we felt when that blasted light went on again!