Wednesday, June 30

Americas Got Talent, connection speed, chores, games, socialization and wasp shooing

I was watching videos from America's Got Talent on YouTube when video loading slowed way down. After several refreshes, close and cleans of browser stuff, and even resetting the DSL modem, I had to find something else to do for a while. Although when I checked our 'Wirespeed Data Gateway' on the Centurylink web site, 'they' say our connection is right about 1 Mbps. I don't think so.

-

After dropping The Daughter off at college, we stopped by Wal-Mart and got a few things, and came home. After getting settled back in to our home 'rhythm', I decided to get my chores out of the way before plopping down in front of the computer monitor. Read some email, blocked and bounce some spam mail. Accepted a gift on Frontierville, and looked through my Gather posts and pictures. THEN I decided to go to AGT's Youtube page and vote for the contestants of 2010 that I either thumbed-up or down. This year AGT is letting viewers on Youtube vote (until July 4) for ONE contestant who should either win or go to the next round (I forget which). Then the connection speed died. And here I am.

-

In other notes: We like sitting outside on the porch under it's cover. Since we just don't wish to get stung, I got the hose hooked-up with a sprayer. Now when we see (or think we do) a wasp that's not stuck to one of 6 fly-strips starting a nest, we zap it with a stream of water until it leaves the porch area. Do you think it's possible to 'teach' the wasps that they're not welcome? Or are we deluding ourselves into thinking that eventually they will stop trying to turn the overhang into a birthing area? We've pretty much given them all three sheds, plus they've got many, many trees to build nests in. They've stung Rosalee a couple of times when they weren't even provoked! She's not/we aren't afraid of them, we just don't like them. Really hoping they get "the message" to build elsewhere. Speaking of hoses, I 'fixed' our current one by wrapping it with duct tape so that any water bubbles on the really old hose that form won't burst like one did on the last hose did a couple of days ago.

-

Yesterday I took Annabelle for a 2 mile walk. Okay, she walked, I rode in the election power chair. She was pretty tired when we got home. Panting pretty heavily and praying to the water bowl goddess of drink, was what she did for a while. A couple of hours later she was seemingly recovered, but we caught her stretched-out laying on her side napping on several occasions.

-

That's all for now, folks!

-

http://ramblemans.blogspot.com

-

No comments: