Sunday, November 12

Branson yesterday, home today

    • Well, we got a bunch of stuff from grandma's house yesterday. Did get everything we thought we would, because once again when we asked if we could still have the yard statues (a couple of dear and a couple of bird baths), we were told that they decided to sell them. We also thought we'd be getting a couple of swinging doors from her utility room, since we were told we could. And again when we said we'd be taking them, we were told, "No your not, those belong with the house", so that agreement was also broken. You see, more than likely, the person (Branson hotel owner) will probably tear that house down and build a new one, because the current house has water damage and is old. So I don't think taking those doors would've been a big issue. Our friend and his son did most of the work, especially the heavy stuff. I tried to help as much as I could, but didn't do any really heavy lifting. I chose mainly to be on-hand as a stabilizer when needed. We may have to return to grandma's house later this week to supervise the auction, but of course we're hoping we don't. And we won't be unless MIL calls and tells us what day we need to be there. MIL & SIL said they'd be heading back to their home-state on Tuesday, so I hope they call us before they leave so we know what's going on. Not that we have anything against returning, it's just that I'm kind of tired of having to do 3 hour round trips. Went to Norwood a week from yesterday, went to Branson last Sunday, Tuesday, and yesterday. I would like to stay home for a few days in a row, just for a change, ya know?
    • Here's a couple of the things we got that we like the most.

    Our new sofa/hide-a-bed

    Our new dressers

    • Although we're going to have to go shopping in a couple of days because we're on our last 5 gallon bucket of cat food. We go through 40 lbs. of cat food a week, I think. Yes, a lot! Some would say that's a good reason to get rid of some of our 21 cats, but we can't, we're too emotionally attached to them. Although I don't worry too much if one disappears from time to time to predators or finding a new home.
      • Now we have a bunch of stuff to do today. We need to put my son's new bed together, and take his old mattresses upstairs to my daughter's room. But first we need to take both of her current mattresses off of her bed and take them out to the craft-room-building, and then offer them on Freecycle. Then put all the little things, like nik-naks displayed somewhere. We also got several plants.
      • Also today we need to once again take the kitchen and bathroom trashes out to be burned. Would wrote this last night, but I was pooped.
      • As for my back, it's doing better, but still zings if I bend wrong. My cold? Still got it, but taking Diphedryl keeps me from getting too stuffy, but I'm feeling better.

Technorati : , , , , ,
Ice Rocket : , , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

You sure all have been busy. Hope you get a few day's at home.
have a good weeka nd get some rest.
BB