Friday, November 17

Why write. Money-making. Cookies.

Hi! I wasn't going to write anything today, but was looking at my Google Analytics page. Although I don't have more that about 9 page visits on any given day, people ARE reading my blog on Blog*spot. And who am I to disappoint someone who comes to see what I've wrote, eh? I must admit though that I have haven't been real motivated to write every day, because I don't *do* anything that I consider worthy of writing about every day. My days are mostly spent just hanging out watching TV, checking/reading email, and when the mood strikes, blogging. I'm not one that does a hell of a lot of creative things that I could explain to others to do. So what am I *supposed* to say? I know, "just write whatever you want". But, but, if I don't write something at least a little interesting, people won't read my blog. On the other hand, nothing I've ever done on-line has ever generated a profit, so I don't know why I worry about whether or not people will come back. That's in reference to the PSP link on the right-hand side of my blogger blog that if clicked can lead to a *little* bit of money *if* someone buys what the link leads to. As far as I know, in the several months that the link has been there, *no one* has. Oh yeah, since I joined ad-sense, that's a reason to get people to come here, but I'm not expecting much to come of that. Yeah, I guess I'm feeling a little defeated. My wife thinks it would be beneficial if she got a job to bring in some extra money, at least for 6 months to get a little ahead. However, we have a van that get 10-15 miles per gallon, and the nearest place she could get a job would be 10 miles from here. So we'd be spending most of the money she made, on gas money, so we don't think it would be worth it. But if we could figure out a way to get a car that's gets better gas mileage, she could get a job to bring in some extra. But in order to be able to afford to finance a car, she would need a job. And that's the catch-22 that so many teenagers and others are going through as we speak. *sigh* You've got me here on SSD wishing I could relieve her stress of having just barely enough money to pay the bill, but don't know what the hell to do about it :-(

On the happy side, Rain made us cookies last night - they we yummy. She put half of them in the freezer so that we would not eat them *all* in one day like usual. As you can imagine, the first half was gone by noon today. *grin* She's making another kind of cookie today. They're little balls of cooked dough covered in powdered sugar once they come out of the oven. They're called "Russian tea cakes", and they're good too! :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I have so much to be happy about, I just wish I wasn't cursed with having an anti-money gene or something. I'm told I push money away because of my attitude about it (wishing life didn't seem to revolve around it), and that until I change my attitude, it's always going to be this way. Well, I don't know *how* to change it when nothing ever seems to change regarding it, ya know? *sigh*

Technorati : , , , , , , , ,
Ice Rocket : , , , , , , , ,
43 Things : , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

Money can help make you happy but you have the love of a good wife and your kids. I my self do not need money just love to be happy.
(((HUG)))
BB
Karen