Friday, November 24

Brunch, desert, T-Giving, football, bowling, monitor, and parents

Right now I am feeling pretty good. I just got through eating a hamburger for brunch and a piece of pumpkin pie for desert. Yum! Then I took my medical pills, and now I'm here, with you. *smile*

Our T-giving day was a pretty good day I suppose. It was NOT religious or anything, but just a regular day spent eating more traditional foods like Cornish game hens, pumpkin pie, blueberry pie, chocolate chip cookies, drinking cola, tea, and water. When we weren't eating, I was watching TV (most of the Lions v. Dolphins game until I got bored), while Rain was on the computer, and the kids were playing their video games. DD was playing Zelda on the GameCube while DS was playing Zelda on his Gameboy SP. Later in the evening I watched the Broncos v. Chiefs game, where the Broncos got beat 19 to 10. I'm a die-hard Broncos fan, but I live in MO, so I can be both a little sad and a little happy with the way the game turned out. *smile* All in all a good day.

Today we went to the bowling alley in Buffalo, MO to meet with anyone from our local homeschool group who showed-up. Well, we were the only ones. We had a good time though. I won with a score of 104, Rain came in second with 100 even, DD was third with 59, and DS came in fourth with 38. I was surprised at how well I actually did, considering I still can't bend over very far without my back hurting. But as long as I don't twist while bending over, I do alright. We think the kids need to find and use bowling balls that're lighter. They still have trouble making the balls come out of their hands smoothly, but still, they did pretty good for this only being the second time in their lives that they've bowled. *smile*

Still using my DD's laptop, but I've attached our keyboard to make typing easier. A person on one of our FreeCylce lists said he has a 15" monitor we can have, but he hasn't written back saying when and where we can pick it up.

Oh yeah, and I talked to my parents last night. They're doing okay. My mom actually tried a very small piece of pumpkin pie, a little bit of ice cream, and a little bit of home ground and brewed coffee. If you remember, up until yesterday, as far as I know she hasn't eaten or drank anything that hasn't been put through the feeding tube she been wearing for months. So it appears as though she is getting better, albeit very slowly. YAY!


Technorati : , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

that is good info on your mom.