Thursday, November 23

Changing PCs. Chicken protection

Okay, so I'm having a conversation with myself about the size of the fonts on my blog. Like, do I *really* need to worry about it? Should I just leave it the default size of my blog writing program? I'm leaning toward just leaving it as is, mostly because it's less time consuming in the end. Yeah, I think that's what I'll do. Sorry to those of you who liked that I used larger than normal fonts. Forgive me?

I spent most of the day yesterday setting up this computer. It's my DD's laptop, and needless to say, it didn't have the programs like Spybot, Ad-Aware, and AVG updated because 1) My DD hasn't used it much the last month or so. and 2) Even when she did use it more she never remembered to update. Now that's all done, so I can get on with my business of blog-writing. Oh, I forgot to mention I had to download the blog-writer first, which I did last night and set-up this morning.

As some of you know, the reason we had to switch to my DD's laptop was because the monitor on our computer crapped-out... AGAIN! :-( It's the 3rd time it's happened in the 2 years we've had it setup where we do, because the cats like to lay on top of the monitor for the heat. So, once we get another one, we've got to figure out a way to keep them off of it. Ideas? I've sent an email to a Freecycle list, but I wouldn't imagine too many people have spare monitors just sitting around, they're not exactly cheap. Ideally I think a flat one that the cats *couldn't* get one would be ideal, but I'm *definitely* not expecting anyone to be offering one of those. *smile*

We're losing chickens to predators at a pretty good clip, prolly coyotes. Stupid chickens make it really easy for them to, by hanging out in the back by the lagoon where the coyotes can easily sneak-up on them. So, what we've decided is that we're going to take about 100 feet of fence on the front side of the pasture down and build a large chicken run. Hopefully that'll deter the predators, and hopefully they'll lose interest and eventually we could let the chickens out again for total free-ranging.

Well, the first NFL football game is back on, so I'll talk to you later.

Technorati : , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: