Saturday, November 18

Window locks. Reading material. Google Earth of Iraq

I almost wrote that I got quite a bit done today, but when it comes right down to it, putting locks on 3 windows really wasn't all that much work. But I did also switch the fan that is hung between the living room and the woodstove/kids game & TV room, with a very similar fan :-) I did that because the one that was up there has an annoying clicking sound that came from one of the fans. Long ago (this past summer), after we first got that fan, we took it apart and tried to figure out why it was clicking, but found no reason for it, so just put it back together and lived with the noise. Granted, it was all that loud if you had the TV on, but when you muted it, you could hear it. Or when you walked to the front door to let a cat in or out. I guess what I'm saying is that it wasn't really that bad, but I was on an activity roll this afternoon, so I replaced it with the other twin-fan fan.

Usually I try to wait until I've got all my emails read and responded to, or the blogs I read regularly read and commented on. But having 36 email articles to read, if I read them I'd be out of time to write. In fact I've still got a few blogs to read too. It takes me what seems like forever to get through many emails because 1) I'm a slow-ish reader and 2) I probably respond to too many. Unlike my wife who can read 50 emails in about 30 minutes or less, it takes me over an hour to get through that many. *smile*

Anyway, I tried to look-up Fallujah and Basra, Iraq using Google Earth, but it said it couldn't find either. But I was able to virtually visit Bagdad. I was trying to see if I could see any buildings and/or houses the U.S. army has blown-up, but was apparently *denied* access. I cannot believe that in normal circumstances, there would be no satellite pictures of those two cities, and that's why I think the U.S. government has a deal with Google to withhold pictures of areas/cities the government doesn't want ordinary people to see. *sigh*

Technorati : , , , , , ,
Ice Rocket : , , , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

Hi why you cant google earth it is the president of the usa does not wish for us to see what all he has done so far. we can just see what he lets out on the news.