Thursday, November 2

Making-up. IE7. Windows Updates. Shopping. Birthday meal

My sister replied to an email I wrote to her that we're cool after her forgetting to tell me that my brother was in town before he went back to England. I had sent her an email telling her that "we're cool!" Well, she wrote back to make sure I meant it, because she had read my last entry and noticed that I was pretty angry. I wrote back to tell her that "yes, I meant it, I wrote that pretty much at the moment of anger, and have since been understood and urged to let it go' and forgive. So that's what I've done". Therefore, sister o' mine, rest assured that we ARE still friends, and I'm not angry anymore. Okay? I still love you! Okay. *hugs*

After I read my email and blogs today, as always I noticed that the little "update notification" symbol in my toolbar again. And once again tried to install the updates (4) and once again failed to install any of them. I thought, "Hmm, I wonder if I install Internet Explorer 7 if the updates will install". Long story short, no, even after installing IE7 and updating it and restarting the computer, I still can't install the updates for IE6 or Frontpage Office 2003. Then I decided that maybe I had disabled something to do with the .NET service and changed a few things. Well, now I get an error message every time I restart the computer, and I can't figure out what to change back. *sigh* I may just go back to a previous restore point, and hope that I don't have to reinstall IE7. My *first* impressions about it are that I like it. It's now got the option of opening windows in tabs, just like Firefox that we've been using for quite some time now. Another thing I like is that the words on the screen are larger when you first get to a site. I have not been able to get the font size that I like to be the default size, and the 'medium' size is too small, in my opinion. Another reason I wanted to try it is because I wanted to see if sites loaded fast than Firefox. I think they do, at least a little.

Okay, it appears to be time to feed the chickens, ducks, and look for eggs. Be back in about 10 minutes. Don't go anywhere, ya hear? *smile* (3:24 pm CST)

See? I told you I'd return about 10 minutes later, and it's now 3:38 pm CST. *smile* The birds have been fed, 4 eggs collected, and the mail brought back from the mailbox.

Tomorrow is payday, so we *finally* get to go grocery shopping. Thank the Gods, cuz we're running low on the good stuff. Plus we're taking our daughter who turned 14 a few days ago, to her choice of restaurants for her birthday meal. We're taking her to Shoney's :-)

Technorati : , , , , , , , , ,
Ice Rocket : , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

hi glad that you are cool with your sis. i have a sister I have not talked with in a few years.
Have fun with your daughter kids grow up so fast.
BB