Wednesday, November 8

Out of town

Howdy, y'all :-) Been a few days since my last blog. That's because last Saturday we went to a friend's new-to-them house and had a bonfire. That was nice, although at first I was a little cold because of the weather, after standing for a little bit by the fire as it was getting going, I warmed-up quite nicely. Even got hot enough that I had to move away a few feet one time. *smile* It was fun finding sticks to throw onto the fire. We also visited a lot in the house, drinking coffee, cola, eating chips, and munching on hotdogs that we cooked by sticking the hotdogs into the fire while they were attached on the end of long sticks. *smile* YUM!! We also got to visit with a couple of other friends that we hadn't seen in a VERY long time. It was GREAT to see them. They have a new-to-them truck that looks really nice. I'm very happy for them, they needed a new truck. *smile* Unfortunately, another family that we had hoped to see was unable to make it due to getting busy. We plan on seeing them again pretty soon. All in all a very good time was had! *GRIN*

The next day (Sunday) we went to Branson see my mother and sister-in-law, who were in town to see our grandmother. Right now she's in a convalescent home recovering from surgery of getting a pace-maker in. The day we visited she looked and sounded good, just like the last time we saw her before her surgery several months ago. From that place she'll be going home to say good-bye to the house she's lived in for over 30 years. She's going to be moving to the same state as her mother. Then we came home. On Tuesday we went back to her house and picked up some of the things that grandma won't be taking out of state with her. We'll be driving back to her house this coming Saturday to pick some things that we couldn't get on Tuesday. Hopefully a couple of friends will be able to help us with a couple of trailers they said they could let us use. *crossing fingers*

While we were at grandma's house on Tuesday, we were in her garage looking at stuff to bring home. I knelt down to look into a box, then leaned forward (still kneeling) to push something away from the box so that we could get a dolly underneath it. Well, when I did that, something in my back went ZING and I was in pain. Bad enough that I couldn't stand back up for a few minutes. Once I was able to stand up, I couldn't bend my back *at all* without serious pain. I was hoping that I just tweaked something and that it would be all better today after I woke-up. Well, as it turns out, I still have to keep my back as straight as possible, especially while sitting. When I walking it's not too bad, unless I bend suddenly without thinking. I can't bend over to pick anything up, which is pretty annoying. I'm really hoping that by Saturday I will be able to at least lift a few things. Even if I can just carry something after someone hands it to me will be helpful. Or perhaps I could push the dolly with boxes, but not sure. Needless to say, it's NOT a good time for my back to start hurting. *sigh* Did go to the park so that the kids could see their other homeschooled friends, and we could talk to the parent on those friends. Normally other parents and kids show-up, just not today. Maybe next Wednesday.

Meanwhile, with all that driving and being away from home, our email has built-up. I currently have 186 emails to read. So if you're waiting for a response from me, please be patient.

Technorati : , , , , , , , ,
Ice Rocket : , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

Hi so sorry that you hurt your back. I hope you do better with the moveing stuff this weekend. Nice that you were able to see friends.
BB