Saturday, May 12

Busy, busy. Mother's Day!

Let it be known that just because I don't have to go to work anymore (disability), that I do get things done around the place. *smile* I know you know that, but it's called a "segue" (3) into what I want to tell that I've gotten done so far today, in no particular order. *grin*

  • Blanket washed, hung out, brought in

  • Load of laundry washed and put on the clothes line

  • Started a second load of laundry in the washing machine

  • Emptied and re-loaded the dishwasher

  • Ate breakfast

  • Played 4 on-line games at BlizzardFanClub and didn't win any of them

  • Read (pronounced: red) & responded to some email

  • Cut a branch off of a tree using a bow-saw

  • Watched the news on DemocracyNow, although it was just the first part (headlines) of Fridays newscast

I do have plans to watch an NBA Playoff game at 4 p.m. CST (and another if my wife allows me to), and I'm considering whether or not to get some more of the grass mowed.

Probably should take a shower sometime today too.

Oh yeah, and we (family) went to the store and got my dear wife a few Mother's Day presents. Did you know that Mother's day was originally started as a war protest?

In the United States, Mother's Day was copied from England by social activist Julia Ward Howe after the American Civil War with a call to unite women against war. She wrote the Mother's Day Proclamation.

Anyway, the washing machine just stopped, so I've got to go. Have a nice day.

Tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me tired just reading that post! Let me see, what did I do: watered the dogs, sat on my rear, sat on my rear, and sat on my rear.

:)

OH! And watched Patrick put gauges in the truck (had to stand for that one).

Todd said...

And rest assured, *I* was tired after all that too, yet satisfied :-)