Tuesday, May 29

Mai-Mai, and stuff

Mai-Mai.jpgI took this picture of Mai-Mai last night while Rain was holding her on her lap while she (Rain) was reading email. Just though it was so cute, with her tongue hanging out. *smile* Sorry about the brightness of her chest, I just had the flash on and I couldn't fix it with Photoshop. Sorry.

Other than that, not much going on. In fact, I've been feeling "down" enough that I haven't been writing in my blogs or even that much email. Going through a phase of not thinking what I have to say is all that interesting/important. Maybe it's the weather, maybe not, don't know. It's been mostly cloudy and if not raining, threatening to rain for about the last 4 days. I don't think it's that though, I think it's more that I've been following news about the u.S. government and that has depressed me, making me feel helpless and causing me to not to see much hope for the future of this country. So this week I am burying my head in the sand and reading only what comes through on email. No more searching for it or watching it on television. I know, I've gone through this before, but for some weird reason I like to know what's going on/coming down the pike, but especially for me, someone who's prone to depression anyway, I've got to take a break once in a while. I don't feel that *anything* I do really makes a difference in the grand scheme of things, so why worry, right?

And besides that, I've had a headache for the last 3 days (off and on), and that's not helping my mood either. I did manage to get a portion of the front and back yards mown yesterday, so I actually accomplished something useful besides watching the NBA finals. *grin* I still need to cut the tree that I downed into logs, but my chainsaw chains need sharpened and the place I usually take them couldn't get them done soon enough, so I'll be taking them somewhere else tomorrow. The kids got all the branches that I cut/pulled off the tree, to the brush pile, so that was a big help.

My dad's in a nursing home recovering from a bout of pneumonia for a couple of weeks. Keep him in your thoughts for a speedy recovery, please.

Technorati : , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RE: Chainsaw: You could do what we have always said we would do. Have an extra chain so you can swap the dull one for the sharp one. I say "what we have always said" is because we now have three dull blades sitting here! LOL

RE: Your dad: He's in my prayers for a VERY speedy recovery.

I have not been online much lately, now that I have a truck to play with instead of doing dishes or laundry. :) We are doing the small things that need to be done just to find this ugly noise. It sounds like two pieces of metal with sand in between (not quite grinding metal, but almost) and it sounds like it's coming from somewhere just below the front of the bed of the truck, on the passenger side. So, we drained fluids (transfer case and differentials), changed U-Joints on the front drive shaft, lubed everything we could think of, and then we will be checking/changing wheel bearings. It's actually been fun. I am waiting until the sealant cures on the differentials and transfer case to see if they were the cause of the noise. Could be, since the fluids were disgusting!

K. Off to read the rest of my emails!

Todd said...

bnolen: "I say "what we have always said" is because we now have three dull blades sitting here! LOL"

Exactly! We have two chains, one for a back-up, but we never got the other one re-sharpened before we used the 2nd one. Obviously. *sigh*

"He's in my prayers for a VERY speedy recovery."

Thank you very much.

"I am waiting until the sealant cures on the differentials and transfer case to see if they were the cause of the noise. Could be, since the fluids were disgusting!"

Hope you get it fixed!