Saturday, May 26

Digital Divide. Cat pictures.

I'm bored. I've been thinking, "What should I write about?" off and on all day, and still haven't came up with anything in particular, other than I'm definitely feeling that I'm on the wrong side of the "digital divide" out here in rural country, MO. Everyone that's read my writing for a while knows that we can't get Centurytel to put DSL in this area. We don't get very good cell service either (1-3 bars max), and I don't think we can afford it anyway, even if that was strong enough for cell-broadband (or whatever it's called). We COULD get satellite-broadband, but at $50 per month and $200 for set-up, we can't afford that either. So, we wait and hope that we'll eventually get DSL. Besides, I've read good and bad opinions about satellite broadband. From what I understand, the main contentious point against it is that on-line video and/or two-player games don't work well because of the latency (time the signal goes back and forth between the modem and the satellite). Now that I'm done bitching... again, here are some cat pictures we think are cute. *smile*

kilala.jpg
This is Kilala (boy).

ruth.jpg
This is Ruth (boy).

suicune.jpg
And this is Suicune (girl).

This is a tree that we cut down yesterday. It's one of two Poplars in the back-yard we want gone because of the leaves they put in the pool. Now if I can get the kids to help with the clean-up, I'll be really happy.

poplar.jpg
Poplar tree.

I was bored last night, so I took a picture of a night light, just for the hell of it.

nite-lite.jpg

And NOW I've got to get off-line because it's POURING rain and thundering.

Technorati : ,

No comments: