Friday, May 18

News, shopping, garden, and broody chickens

Had a pretty good day today. You know I got up about a quarter after 7 this morning to feed the chickens, which I did, then I went back to bed and slept until 9:30. Watched E.R. until 10 and then watched the news. The Dems are going to push for a "no confidence" vote in the Senate about Gonzo's involvement in the illegal wire-tapping of American's phones, and the political firing's of those 8 attorneys. I hope they get it and force the bastard to resign. I heard that they found a list of *over* 20 judges that Bush and Gonzo wanted fired because they wouldn't bow to the pressure of picking up democrats accused of voter fraud and putting them through "show trials". And here's some awesome news that I sincerely hope is done: "House Votes to Close Guantanamo: In other news from Capitol Hill, the House has voted to demand the Bush administration begin the task of closing the military prison at Guantanamo."

We drove to Lebanon (MO) to get gas ($20 worth got us 6 gallons), pick-up some "hope" tickets (lottery), and do a little grocery shopping for a few essentials. Also, picked up some more aluminum screen for the kitchen window that needed re-done, which I did this afternoon.

Rain watered the garden this morning before we left, and everything is doing well so far. The pumpkin is growing *very* well.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that right now we have three hens that are broody (sitting on eggs). The eggs under one should start hatching tomorrow (I'll post pics), the 2nd one's should hatch a couple of weeks after that, and the 3rd one's should hatch around June 3rd.

Tags: , , , , , , , , s,

No comments: