Thursday, August 7

Blogging, Buffalo layoffs, laundry and dryer

Okay, so I guess I'm going to write in my blog and tell someone (one of my two 'regulars' I guess) . I wonder if I didn't post this to my email list if more people would read it on my blogsite. I also wonder if I mentioned that it would be okay to leave a comment even if I didn't ask a question. Just a thought that I had a day or two ago.

I guess it really doesn't matter, as I should be writing for pleasure, mine.

And now for my local (15 miles away) news, one part of it that is:

County takes big hit with Petit Jean closing

By Paul Campbell
paulc@buffaloreflex.com
Published: Wednesday, August 6, 2008 11:28 AM CDT

First it was the historic ice storm of 2007, then the general downturn in the economy, and later the devastating tornado on March 31. We can now add to that unlucky streak the closing of Dallas County's largest employer, Petit Jean Poultry, set for Oct. 4.

This latest "storm" sent shock waves throughout the community and the economy when it was announced Friday morning that 465 Petit Jean employees would lose their jobs and that its $8 million annual payroll (in 2006) would go by the wayside. Continued->

Yesterday I got the walls and bottom of the swimming pool vacuum, followed by the addition of 3/4 of a gallon of bleach and 1 gallon of white vinegar. I also got the front and back yards mown, and it took me only an hour and a half of actual mow time (riding mower).

Today, so far, I've got two loads of laundry washed and one has already dried and has been put away. The other one is on the clothes line. We decided that we wanted to de-cat hair our clothes. We thought we would do that by running each load (after it dried on the line) through a 'fluff' cycle in the dryer (heat no longer works). I pulled the dryer out of it's spot, cleaned it and tightened up the back plate that I had taken off over a year ago to try and fix it (wasn't able to). I cleaned it, the wall next to it, and the side of the washer, with wipes. Then I plugged it in to make sure it worked - it did, but sadly it blew the circuit breaker two times (I reset it and tried it again). So now if we want hairless clothes we're either going to have to use a lint brush or get another dryer. Guess it's time to ask on FreeCycle.

Technorati : , , , , , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , , , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , , , , , ,
Flickr : , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

comment


There! I left a comment

kate

Todd said...

Thanks for that, Kate. LOL. As for not being able to post any other messages, I haven't got a clue. Perhaps try again?

Todd said...

My last comment was when using Firebird, this one I'm using IE-7.