Sunday, August 31

Just rambling...

Good morning world! Hope most of you are having a good day, so far, and actually that it continues to be good. I'm bored. Updated my blogger blog. Didn't really do much except delete a link and update the header. I also looked through the gadgets to see if I could find a good music player, but nothing really grabbed my attention. *sigh*

Got a couple loads of laundry done yesterday. I could find more dirty clothes (think teenager's bedroom) to wash if I really, really wanted to, but I don't. I'm kind of hoping that she'll decide that she needs to wash her own clothes, but I'm not holding my breath. LOL.

Offered a non-working electric dryer on FreeCycle yesterday afternoon. So far no takers. Now if I had a dolly to move said dryer, I would move it out to the shed and then we'd have a place to keep the portable dishwasher when it's not being used, thus creating more floorspace in the kitchen. 'course we're pretty used to NOT having that space available, since we've lived here with that dishwasher and dryer where they are now for almost 8 years.

Now that it's seemingly in the 'cool' season, I'm thinking it's just about time to start painting the outside of the house. It was suggested that we throw a house painting party and have friends help. The problem is that ALL of our friends are either busy or live way to far away to just pop over for that. So either we do it ourselves, or it doesn't get done.

It's looking like we're going to have to start thinking about getting some firewood. Haven't priced it since the gas/fuel prices went up, so don't really know how much pre-split wood we can afford to buy. However, there are at least 3 Poplar trees that I can cut down and turn into firewood. Plus there's one Poplar that had it's top half blown over this summer. I went out yesterday to move that half away from the bottom so I could have it over by the woodshed to cut up. But it's still connected to the trunk and I'm not sure how safely I can separate it. Plus there's already a smallish tree in front of the woodshed laying on the ground that need to be cut and split. I suppose I could do that today. Yeah? *thinking*

Speaking of 'things' to do, I was looking for things to do yesterday besides laundry, and decided that since it's likely that we'll be having friends visiting next weekend for a day, and their daughter LOVES swimming, I mowed around the pool. Don't really know that it was necessary, because I seriously doubt she will care what it looks like OUTSIDE the pool, but like I said, I needed *something* to do. I also mowed right around the house, although it didn't need it because the grass has not been growing very fast for a few weeks now.

I guess that's all I've got. Bye.

No comments: