Tuesday, August 26

(UPDATE!) A little update

UPDATE: Just got a call from my Nurse Practitioner and she got the PROVIGIL approved for at least one year. I will be getting that filled today! *EXCITED*

Had my appointment with the Dr. to discuss increasing my Fluoxetine (generic Prozac) dose to see if my mood could be enhanced, and we talked about my MS fatigue. Well, she increased my Fluoxetine to 60 mg per day (was 40), and said that anything like the drugs (speed) used for ADD/ADHD just aren't "appropriate" for MS/non-ADD patients, so didn't prescribe anything. *sigh* The exact same attitude my neurologist has. However, she did say that she'll talk to my prescription company (AdvantraRX) and try and make them understand why Provigil is the best thing I can take for fatigue because "it's safe, effective, and proven". The hope is that if TWO doctors explain the benefits of P that they'll listen and cover it. *crossing fingers* I just don't 'get' how there is supposedly NOTHING ELSE (really??) that can be prescribed! *boggle*

Prior to the appointment, we stopped at our best local friend's and visited while my son played and chatted with her son. She (mom) made us grilled cheese sandwiches, opened a bag of BBQ chips, and offered soda for our drinking pleasure.

Our friend also gave us their family's extra Digital Converter Box that they got at Wal-Mart (sweet!). We hooked the DCB up when we got home and now we get 11 channels over-the-air (antenna). Granted, a few of those are duplicates, but still. The picture is great, and I'll go outside today and see if adjusting the outside antenna will make the reception better on a couple of them. Now we just need one more converter box for the kids' television by the end of September (that's when out coupons expire) and we'll be all set. YAY! (I guess). I've been told that the DCBs that Radio Shack sells are better than the ones Wal-Mart sells, which definitely wouldn't surprise me. We're strongly considering getting the other box from Radio Shack and testing that story.

2 comments:

lovelife said...

Hi I hope you get the meds that you need and start doing better.

Todd said...

I went and got my "uppers" and start them tomorrow. So things should start looking up a little now. Thanks! :-)