Sunday, August 17

Cat picture, AVG 8 issues

RockyGalux.jpg

As we were coming back in the house last night we noticed these two laying sound asleep on the sofa and just had to take a picture for you.

As for the "AVG 8 issues", they all started yesterday evening (8-16-08) when I noticed a red exclamation point next to the time on the right-hand side of the bottom toolbar. For a couple of hours I though it must be something that *I* changed on the computer, although I had *no idea* what that was. So I did a "restore to an earlier checkpoint", but that didn't change anything. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled AVG 8 using the Windows Uninstaller. That didn't 'fix' it either, even after a reboot. After the reboot I tried to get the updates it said it needed, but that only accomplished me getting an error that said, "update failed, 'no bin' file. And finally, being a "man", I went to the AVG website and type in the error message to the support forum and the results was an entry from AVG saying that the .bin file was corrupt and they were working on it. They got the update problem fixed by this morning and it updates just fine now. Unfortunately for me I wasn't getting the little arrow on the toolbar when it was scanning. *sigh* So of course that sent me off on other wild goose chase. To make a long story short, I went and got the very latest version from AVG's servers, rebooted and updated, and there were no error messages from me after that. Still, it took me several HOURS to finally decide to do that since the "repair" I tried from the setup file didn't help at all.

I've got water topping up the pool so that when we can afford to two more bottle bottles of bleach for a "shock" treatment, it'll have enough water so that the pump doesn't get air sucked through it causing too much pressure in the sand-filter tank.

I've also rearranged the front porch by moving the loveseat to the level part where the trashed dresser was sitting. Said dresser is currently being used to store small "stuff", rather than getting demolished and burned.

Other than the aforementioned, I've played a couple games of pool with my wife, which she won both times. Read/replied to email and read and commented on a few blogs.

P.S. 3 weeks later and still not smoking!

5 comments:

Fairie Mom said...

Yippeee - on the still not smoking!!!
Way to go! My hubby & I quit the end of last October! Have you started feeling the effects yet? 3 weeks was just about the point where I started feeling normal again!
Gina

Todd said...

Not sure what effect is supposed to happen. *smile* What's normal? And congrats to you and hubby!

Fairie Mom said...

ok so normal probably wasn't the right word for that, but started feeling different, better - could breath easier.

Todd said...

Okay, now that I've had some time to think about it... I can breath better, don't snore as much, seem to be in a better mood more frequently. Is that better? *smile*

Anonymous said...

Yeah! on not smoking! you RULE!

the cats are only missing a tv remote and a brown beverage bottle. lol.

Love ya!
Judzalot