Saturday, August 30

Driving to visit

We were just thinking about something, and I figured my blog would be a good place to pose the question. As you know we live in the country (ie not in the city) and get very, very infrequent visits from friends who live an hour or more away.

My question is this: How is it that city people have time to drive around their cities to run errands and visit friends for hours, but just can't seem to find the time to drive 45 minutes each way to visit us? Seemingly an hour and a half (round trip) to anyplace outside the city is "just too far" or "just takes too long". Thoughts? Opinions? Anything?

4 comments:

lovelife said...

I am not sure. I do not have friends who stop and see me

Todd said...

Sorr to hear it, I know how you feel. *hugs*

Ceraun said...

I don't know about anyone else, but I scooter everywhere. If I could scooter out to your neck of the woods, I would, but it may be a bit far for my little old scoot.

Todd said...

I appreciate the thought, Fenix! It would be an awefully long way to go on a scooter, so I understand. :-)