Sunday, August 3

Kids spreading their wings and heat

        Good morning? I hope so. It's been a pretty good, albeit uneventful one for me. Although one thing did happen... I met another FreeCycler when he came to pick-up a dresser for his grandkids this morning. Oh yeah, he also took the telescope we hadn't used for years. We didn't use it because we were never able to get it sighted in (being able to look through the little scope on top and be able to see the same thing through the big/main one. I wish him and whoever else uses it much enjoyment and awesome star gazing. :-)
        Last week my DD had a friend stay for a week and help her paint her new bedroom and arrange it. Of course they did other things, like swimming, talking, computing, etc. I'm pretty sure it was an enjoyable week for both of them. It was fun for us adults too, her best friend is really nice, neat, and interesting to listen and talk with. Yesterday we took our DD to her friends place in "the city" so that they can continue having fun for another week. She'll be brought home next Sunday. I miss her already, but she's growing-up and we have to let her spread her wings, so to speak. *happy sigh, but a sigh nonetheless* She has her cell phone, so she can call us whenever she wants, plus we can get a hold of her if we just have to hear her voice. She told my wife before we left her yesterday that she'd probably be calling something this week so "I don't forget your voices" like started to happen the last time she stayed away (same city) the last time, and that was only a few days. How sweet!
        We're in a heat advisory until Tuesday evening, so IF we do anything at all, it won't be very labor intensive. Even if there wasn't an advisory, we have enough common sense not to push ourselves in the heat. We weren't born yesterday, ya know? *smile* Well, take care and don't overheat yourselves!  :-*

2 comments:

lovelife said...

Kind of sucks that kids do grow up. But my son is moving back in with mom after not being in my home full time after the age of 5.
The heat sucks was out a few times today with the pets getting fresh water and stuff like that.

May said...

My son, now 38 w/a family of his own, was in and out. Then he went into the Navy and after he came back, divorced, and totally exhausted, he
got a job, an apartment and that was it. Now I wish they were closer than 11 hours of driving on I-10.