Friday, August 8

Up early. Adding a mirror. Silly cat picture. Digital Converter Boxes

If you remember, yesterday I started the dryer a couple of times and each time it tripped the circuit breaker. Not only did it cause the living room computer to restart, but it caused the bedroom clock in our room to do the same. Long story short, when I reset the clock at bedtime I didn't have an accurate timepiece to check. All I had as a reference was my memory of the last time I saw a clock, and the timer sitting on the dresser. Unfortunately, said timer was off a couple of hours, so when my wife got up a few hours later because she always wakes-up a few hours after going to bed, she thought that she had only been asleep a little over an hour because the bedroom clock was 2 hours behind. I too had woken-up a couple of times during the night/morning and thought at one point it was awfully light outside for as early as I thought it was. I went back to sleep thinking (correctly) that maybe the clock was wrong. So when I woke-up the last time I thought that it was two hours later than it was, but my wife had gotten up at the normal time to feed the chickens (son woke her up, since he was up most of the morning as usual). Anyway, she corrected the time on the bedroom clock, but of course I didn't know that. So instead of getting up around 9:00 a.m. as I planned, the actual time was about 7:45 when I wasn't really ready to get up and start moving. But since I was up, I made coffee and started drinking it because I knew I only had a couple of hours until we planned on going to the city 20 miles from here.

Once in said city, we did our 2 stops before lunch, went to lunch and then did some grocery shopping. What I really wanted that I couldn't find locally yesterday after stopping 3 different places was a desk fan. We found one today, and it's now sitting, you guessed it, on the desk beside the monitor, keeping me a lot cooler than I had been when sitting here before. YAY!

Once home I changed the wiper assembly that had gone bad last week, at that time we got a replacement which sat in the back of the van until today. But that's been done, so now if it rains while we're driving my wife will be able to see out of the passenger side of the windshield.

Right before we left this morning, our cat that lays in the weirdest positions was doing it again, so I took a picture.

stepstoolTwitch.jpg
This is Twitch; aka: Flat cat

My daughter's bedroom dresser has needed a mirror since before she moved into it (bedroom, not the dreser. lol). Today I finally got around to getting it put on. But it was a bigger project than I had anticipated so it took me a few hours because the mirror and dresser-assembly was taken on a much larger dresser. I had to add a couple of support pieces to the back of the mirror so that I could attach it to the smaller/more narrow dresser it was going on. That took a long time because I had to first find a couple of boards in the shed, then I had to cut them down to size (in the end it wasn't necessary, as I had messerged wrong. sigh). Anyway, here's what the back looks like after being refitted...

dresserBack.JPG

And just to show what an awesome project it turned-out to be, here's the front of it. LOL.

dresserFront.jpg

I think she'll be happy when she returns home from her friend's this weekend. Although you can't tell from this picture, she's definitely going to need to clean it! :-)

And one last thought. We were at the Wal-Mart Supercenter and also checked to see if they had a Digital Converter Box - they didn't, as frikkin always. Anyway, when we were in another town yesterday looking for a fan, we stopped at Radio Shack, and while there asked if they had any DCBs. They didn't, but they said we could put one on lay-away, which we declined because we have until the middle of September before our coupons expire. Anyway, while at Wal-Mart today I asked if we could put one on lay-away there (their's are $10 less). He said, "No, and you can't put anything on lay-away because we've stopped doing that since we went to the 'site-to-store' service. I said, "But you don't sell these on-line!" To which he of course just shrugged his shoulders. *sigh* Well, we'll get one somewhere, probably Radio Shack at this point, for $10 per box more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the stores get you coming and going don't they?

Love the cat - hey! We have a stool just like that; same yucky colour and everything LOL

Great job on the mirror, Todders. Hope you're having a good day.

Todd said...

"Yeah, the stores get you coming and going don't they?"

Yes, and I wish I had asked him what day is their delivery day. Thanks for commenting :-)

lovelife said...

you have been busy. Wish storm was home more to catch up on stuff. He is still working out of town and will be for the next 6 months which sucks at times.

Todd said...

Sorry to hear about Storm being out of town for so long, so often. *HUGS*