Monday, October 16

14-year old & secret service. Effexor XR/medication issues.

Well gosh, I guess we should be a bit more careful in what we post on our blogs in these days of a police state / dictatorship :-( In fact, if I disappear... *sigh*

US schoolgirl investigated for Bush 'threat'

October 14, 2006

LOS ANGELES, CA, USA -- A 14-year-old US schoolgirl was quizzed by Secret Service agents after posting anti-George W. Bush comments on popular Internet chat room MySpace, a US newspaper reported Friday.

Julia Wilson, described as a freckle-nosed adolescent who wears braces and has a love heart on her school backpack, was yanked out of a biology class at her school in Sacramento, California to answer agents' questions.

The Sacramento Bee newspaper reported that she posted a cartoon photo collage of a knife stabbing President George W. Bush's hand beneath the words "Kill Bush" on MySpace, which is hugely popular amongst teens.

It was one of several images the teenager had used to decorate an anti-Bush page on the website - and prompted a visit to McClatchy High School by agents from the Secret Service and the Department of Homeland Security. Full story

Other than that, I don't have much to say. Today is very overcast, rainy, and right around 50*F. I have decided, at least for now, that I'm going to go back on Lexapro. When I go to my appointment with my neurologist in Feb., I'll talk to him about a different one, maybe. I've been thinking that maybe a lot of my depression is strongly related to my fatigue because of the MS. Seems that after I've had at least 8 hours of straight-through sleep, then I'm not NEARLY as depressed, because obviously I'm not as tired and have a little more energy. When I have more energy, I do pretty well. What I really need beside the antidepressants, is something 'like' the Provigil samples that I had been taking once in a while up until last week. I ran out of them on the sixth, I think. When I told my "family physician" that I was taking those but had ran out, I got absolutely *no* response and of course no new prescription. In fact, when I told him that I'd like to try something besides the Effexor because of the possibility of loss of memory , he heard *nothing* about the memory loss and said he thought I should see a psychiatrist because "we've tried everything" (5 different meds since 1997, and he personally has tried *one*) . Huh? Do you know how many different antidepressants are out there these days? *sigh* I know, I covered all this the other day, but I've been thinking more about it. *grr* Anyway, I *won't* be going back to that "doctor". If I go back to that office at all, I'll see the nurse practitioner. Plus I've noticed that I get crankier if I take caffeine for energy, so the no-doz is out. I guess I'll have to use sugarized foods and drinks until I can get a prescription. So much of low-carbing :-(

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

lovelife said...

Storm sent me that link about the girl. seems like i need to watch what i say.

Anonymous said...

Wow! They overreacted just a tad. Unfortunately these things are what happens when men rely on the written law of other men and we decide to have this form of government. It's sad that all of a sudden people are being stiffled and unable to express their dissatisfaction with that government. "We have no need for law. All living beings in the universe know right from wrong" -K-Pax I need to watch that movie again haven't seen it in a while. Hope I quoted it right.

As for the other stuff you mentioned, it is always easier said than done,but try detoxing. It will help alot I'm sure. But you have to remember as an informed individual as you and Rain are, the reality of the world we live in at times can be depressing. Hope you cheer up. You seem like good people to me.