Monday, October 9

Dr appointment, breakfast, shopping, gather, Columbus day, video game, North Korea, anniversary

Got up at 7:45 this morning so we could be at the doctor for my 8:30 appointment. No worries, doctor just wanted me to give some blood so that they could test for various things, like liver function, prostate cancer, anemia, etc, etc.

After that we went to McDonalds for breakfast. And then we buzzed along for 45 minutes until we got the Wal-Mart Supercenter and did a little bit of shopping for essentials, mainly :-)

Came home. Rain took a nap, kids played the video game that they bought today, and I got on the Internet. Being Columbus Day, and having saw a show with a segment about it last week, I wanted to get the interview and post it in my blog and on my Gather page. It's the first article I've posted there, so it'll be interesting to see if I get any comments. *smile*

Then I read a bit of news. I saw the N. Korea went ahead and tested a nuclear weapon. No, that in and of itself doesn't bother me a bit, although I don't like the idea of *anyone* having nuclear weapons. But, since it's about the only way to protect yourself from the U.S. Government, I'm not surprised they (N. Korea) went ahead with the test, and I understand their reasoning. It'll be interesting to see what happens next as far as geopolitical pissing contests go. *snicker*

Today is Rain and my 14th wedding anniversary. Well, we did eat breakfast out, and have gotten to eat chocolate (M&Ms). Plus she's making T-Bone steaks tonight, so it has been a good day! *smile*

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

14 years that is so cool. hope you all have alot more to come.