Friday, October 27

Bowling. Creativity. Bravenet site

Good afternoon, everyone. We went bowling today, and had a blast! Neither Rain or I had been bowling in over 20 years. In fact I can't remember the last time. The kids had never been. We all had a good time. I managed to score about 90 points, even got 2 strikes in a row once. *smile* Not sure what Rain's score was, but I believe it was between 70 & 80. As for the kids' scores, they were in the low 30's to low 40's - I can't honestly remember. The important thing was that we just had fun. It was automatic scoring, so we didn't have to remember how the heck to keep score. *smile* Definitely want to do that again next month! :-)

It was raining when the ladies got up at 7, and it's still raining. In fact, my daughter told me it was raining before they got up, and she would know since she's in the upstairs bedroom and the rain hitting the roof is LOUD. Neither the cats or the chickens are real happy, but the ducks and us are. *grin*

As for getting the kids to do something besides TV or video games, we've decided we *must* just do something and ask them to participate. I used to build model cars when I was a young teen, so the next time we go shopping we're going to pick up a model. Hopefully, and I don't see any reason for him not to, my son, who is 11, will help me put it together. Rain is going to get something, or has something (can't remember) that she can do *with* our 14 year old daughter. We're feeling that the kids aren't being creative enough, so we're going to do more *with* them to hopefully encourage spontaneous creativity in the future w/o our input. But for now I guess it's needed. Wish us luck! :-)

I've now got a new web host. Bravenet. Haven't done much with my site there yet. I primarily wanted somewhere to put pictures so I could hot-link to them for my blog. *smile* But of course I'll think of other things to put on there eventually. Speaking of blog pictures, I'm thinking that instead of putting pictures at that site AND on my blog, that I'll just put a button on my blog that links to a page on my site that has links to the different blogs entries with pictures in them. What do you think? I just don't think people shouldn't have to look through every page of my blog to find pictures, assuming people would just want to see the pictures without all the drivel that goes with them. Thoughts?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

bowling what fun that was when I was a kid. Might have to look in to taking my boy's.