Sunday, December 10

Arie's home!

Okay, I admit it, I've been slacking with the blogging. But I have good reason, and that is that I've had NOTHING of any importance, interest, or anything else, to write about. You could say I'm going through a self-esteem problem in that nothing SEEMS worthy of getting words spoken about. We've been up to "the usual", going to the store, gas station, cigarette store, etc. Well, yesterday something that hadn't happened for *about* 3-4 months happened! And that is... are you ready... are you sure...

Arie, our cat came home! We had just gotten through feeding the chickens and were headed back towards the front of the house to come in, when my DD says, "I was just standing there and Erie came out from under the car!" I was like, "Really?! Are you sure?!" She said, "Yeah, she's right over there". And sure enough, she was. So I went to try and pet her, she was rolling around on her back being super cute when I got close. Unfortunately when I got close enough to bend over and pet her, I stepped on her tail, she hissed and ran into the shed and under the riding mower. She wouldn't come out for anything. Eventually she came out of the shed and went into the ex goat shed and hid in the stack of tires so nobody could reach her. After a little while of trying to coax her out, we gave up and came in hoping she's still be here this morning. Judging by the looks of her, she's definitely had someone taking care of her. Well, depending on how long she stays here, they're going to think she's gone for good just like we did. Perhaps she'll eventually return to them and they'll be happily surprised as well. But for right now we're just tickled pink that she's home. And to prove it, I've taken a picture :-)

Arie.jpg Click to enlarge :)

Technorati : , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

O i am so happy 4 you all. I wish some of the cats we are missing would show back up.
you need to do more blogging I like all the stuff you talk about.