Sunday, December 17

Salvation Army panhandling. Lord of the rings movies. Computer monitors

We drove into town yesterday to get a thing of caulk for the roof because my wife thought it may have a hole, because when it snowed and iced last week, she could see what she said looked like an area had melted like heat was rising from a hole. After we got home I started to go up on the roof, but my feet were wet and muddy and I had a hard time keeping traction so I only went up a little way, got nervous due to bad footing/grip and *very* carefully backed down the roof and ladder. As it turned out, it wouldn't have mattered, because I went up in the wrong area. *sigh* But when she pointed out the correct area I should've been looking, I could tell by just climbing to the top of the ladder that there's no hole in the roof. Not sure why there was a spot of melted snow/ice.

Anyway, when we got to the grocery store there was a person working for the Salvation Army standing there ringing that annoying bell. Now, I don't have anything against them doing that, 'cept for the annoying bell, but I always wonder why they're allowed to do that when there's a sign as you first walk into the store that says, "No soliciting allowed". Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't what the S.A. is doing called solicitation (aka: panhandling)? If I was to have a bell and a collection pot/hat/whatever, could *I* legally stand outside and do the same thing? I thought panhandling was illegal. Am I wrong? Maybe it's a state and local thing, that would make sense.

Started out the day feeling like crap, but once I ate a hamburger I felt much better :-) Started watching football around noon, but after about an hour, I just couldn't seem to get interested. Around 1:30 pm my wife and daughter got up from their nap. About that time I was getting ready to start doing laundry, and have been doing it pretty much ever since. The last load, the parents (ours) clothes are in the dryer as I type. When I wasn't dealing with clean clothes or on the computer, I was watching the Lord of The Rings movies on TNT. They showed the last one last night (Return of The King). Today they started with the 1st one - "The Fellowship of The Ring" and are showing the next two one right after the other. Right now the Fellowship of the ring is on, and next is "Return of The King" again. I'm just not into them right now, which is why I'm blogging. *smile*

You may or may not remember me writing that we got a 13 inch computer monitor a month ago because our 15 " had gone out. Doesn't matter, I just wanted to say that we saw on FreeCycle today that someone has been trying to get rid of a monitor; people kept saying they wanted it but didn't show up. They said if someone didn't come and get it by Monday, they were just going to trash a perfectly good monitor :-( Of course I wrote and asked what size it was, and they said it was a 15"! That would work great for us, because although we're perfectly happy with the current 13", we prefer 15" or bigger (okay, that's as big as we've ever had, but know it's better than 13 inches). So, we'll be going to pick it up tomorrow. Cool, huh? *smile* After I sent the email asking how big it was, it occurred to me that it didn't matter, because we can *always* use a spare, knowing our luck (or not) with monitors.

Okay, that last load of laundry is dry, so I need/want to get it taken care of. C. Ya later, Tater! :-)

Technorati : , , , , , , , ,

No comments: