Saturday, December 23

Our Yule

I finally have time to write in my blog! :-) It's been a busy last couple of days. Nothing too exciting, so I'll skip the boring parts and tell you about yesterday - Yule :-) Of course we got up bright and early so we could be at least semi-awake when we went outside to welcome the sun which will be bringing longer days now. Woo-Hoo. Anyway, got up at 7 a.m. and were outside by 7:20 and started banging our make-do drums (pans) *smile* and my wife rang the bell she bought a couple of weeks ago to do a cleansing ritual for the house. We walked clock-wise around the house including around the chicken coop. We couldn't see the sun rise, but you could see that the clouds were a little brighter in one area, although not much at all. Afterward we came in and opened presents. My wife made us breakfast, which was delicious as always. Then, since it's was my daughter and wife's regular day to get up early, they didn't break routine and layed down and took a nap until noon. My son played video games and I fell asleep on the sofa. You see, this week was my week to sleep-in, therefore my mind wasn't *into* getting up and staying up. I only slept for about an hour though :-) Once everyone was up, awake and dressed, we went out for Yule supper at a restaurant in Buffalo, MO called "Simms". It's in the same place as the old restaurant that was "The Victorian Steakhouse". The steakhouse closed for a while, then someone bought it and opened the new place - Simms. Well, they've did the same thing that *most* of the eating place there have done, they're non-smoking. This area has a LOT of smokers (me not being one of them, but my wife is), so I can't imagine it's a real busy place, indeed, they're weren't very many tables being used. Anyway, whoever owns the place needs to figure-out a way to give it some atmosphere, cause there wasn't *any*. Nothing hanging on the walls, and only some candles (non lit) sitting on the table that were close to a window, and that was it. Everything was a plain beige color (except for the tables & chairs of course). The service wasn't very good either, although it did get better at the end, probably because most of her customers had finished and left. Then we came home, and proceeded to treat the rest of the day like it was any other day. Except that my wife had bought me a 6-pack of Zima "hard punch", which I started drinking after my meal had digested pretty well. *smile* After a few of those I called a friend who has "Thoughts of a Goddess" and talked with her for a while, as did my wife. She had sent us a Holiday card, and since we didn't return the sentiment with a card of our own, I called her :-) And that was pretty much our day. Hope your was a good one too!

Technorati : , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

hi nice that you got to spend Yule with your family.