Tuesday, December 12

Locks, lights, barrel, and garland

Okay, here I am, ready, I guess, to write in me blog. *smile* Had sat down to start it at 5 p.m., but my DD's friend came on-line right about that time, and she wanted to talk. Well, I was on this morning when she was too, but my DD didn't want to talk then, but she said she'd talk to her friend later. This afternoon was definitely later, and my DD did say she would talk, and I want her to keep her word if she gives it, so I got off the 'puter and let her talk to her friend. It's now 6:36 p.m., they're done, and I'm just getting started. *muah-ha-ha-ha* That was ominous laughter in case you didn't know. LOL! :)

bathroom lockDidn't get much done yesterday. No, that's not true, I did get a new lock put on the inside of the bathroom door, replacing the ole eye and latch-hook. Prior to doing that, I also got the porch light bulb changed. Yeah, I know, I had to climb up on that oh-so-scary ladder. LOL.





cat food barrelYa know, I did get one other thing done. What was it, you ask? Oh, well, I was outside and was wondering around because it was warm-ish, rather comfortable really. I remember now, I had taken the tools that I used to install the bathroom lock out to the shed. When I came in there were cats on the cat food-table and I was just about to feed them (bend down and scoop some food out of a 5 gallon bucket) when I suddenly remembered that we had large barrels that we got when my grandma on-law moved, in the big shed. It occurred to me that instead of using 5 5-gallon buckets to hold the food that we should use one large can. That would take less effort to fill after we bought and brought their bags of food home. I went out, separated the cans (we had 2, one inside the other) and brought one in. You know what I did then, right? That's right, I poured the food that was filling 1 and a half buckets into the bigger can, plus added the two contents of two bags of cat food we bought the other day.

bathroom lightI forgot to mention that before I put the new lock on the bathroom door, that my wife changed the light bulb in the bathroom to one of those that're supposed to last much longer than regular bulbs, the florescent kind :-) That wasn't all we got done though. Yeah, that's right, we did more, well, I did. I took the trash out and burned it. *smile*





sofa bed

My DD has been sick for about a week and has been sleeping on the living room sofa. Not exactly sure "why", other than a few nights ago when I got up in the middle of the night to use the facilities, she was laying on the sofa. I asked her later when we were up at the same time why, and she said because she couldn't sleep because she was all stuffy. The next night when it was bedtime we asked her where she was sleeping, and she said she wanted to sleep downstairs again, but wanted to try the pull-out sofa-bed.

living room garlandAnd because we don't have the money to buy a Yule tree this year (our old, fake one bit the dust a few years ago), we decided that in order to get into the Yuletide spirit that we would need to do *something*. My wife suggested we put up the fancy garland that we bought a couple of weeks ago but never put, so we did. Pretty, huh? Besides, not sure how well a tree would be able to survive 20 indoor-outdoor cats. LOL. Okay, I don't have any more pictures to show you, plus I've got at least 25 new-to-me emails to read and who-knows-how-many blogs to read, I need to get the done and uploaded. Hopefully it'll retain most of the layout when it gets to my blog sites, because, IMO, it looks good. *smile*

Technorati : , , ,
Ice Rocket : , , ,

No comments: