Monday, December 11

Living room kids!

I'm told I should write more, even though I don't think what I have to say is all that interesting. Guess I'm probably my worst critic, but then again, isn't everybody? I suppose *everybody* is kind of a broad stroke, but I imagine most people are.

I let Arie outside last evening because, well, she wanted out. That was shortly before I read a comment on my gather that I should keep her in for a while so she wouldn't run away. Well, she had been in ALL day, so I figured that she's either be waiting to come back in later, or she's go back to where she came from. We suspect that she has/had another home, because she didn't look like she had been fending for herself for several months. Anyway, about an hour later my wife asked me to check to see if she was ready to come back in, and sure enough, when I opened the door and said, "Here kitty, kitty, kitty", she and several others came running in. Needless to say, we were thrilled and happy that she decided to stay. Only a couple of the other 19 cats have hissed at her, but because she's so gentle and accepting, no fights have happened and she's blended back into the "pride" really well.

For the last few nights, our DD has decided that the new-to-us sleeper-sofa's pull-out bed is more comfortable that her twin-size mattress in her bedroom upstairs. The first night she tried it was the second night that she slept down stairs because she wasn't feeling well, and because the weather outside was cold in the early morning hours (below 10*F). See, we don't have central heat so her upstairs room gets pretty chilly during the night/morning. We do have a small space heater that comes on and runs for 15 minutes before she goes up to bed, so that it's warm when she gets there. I have the timer set to come on and run fifteen minute before she gets up in the morning too, so that the room is warm and she has no excuse to not get out of bed. *smile* Anyway, although she's feeling better, she likes sleeping downstairs in the living room, so we may never get her to sleep in her room again. *sigh* I'll try to get her to go to bed upstairs tonight. Wish me luck. See, I would prefer for her to go to bed up there so that my wife and I can have a little while kid-free before we go to bed, which obviously isn't happening when my DD sleeps in the living room. And lately my son hasn't been going to sleep after his story is read while he lies in bed, so he's been getting up shortly after one of us finishes reading. So for a few nights they've both been in the living room before we (wife & I) go to bed around midnight. *sigh* Granted, they've both had "the cold" along with my wife, so we've not made a big deal about it. But they're just about over it (except for 'the cough'), so in my not so humble opinion, they need to have their bedtime stories read while they're in bed, and then they need to *stay* in bed, ya know?

Okay, the weather was warm enough yesterday that most of the snow and ice have melted in the yard, and the chickens and ducks are THRILLED about that. Plus a lot of the ice is sliding off the north side of the house. All that melt makes for a very muddy ground, and the water from all that ice that's running off of the roof is making quite the water-path beside the porch. We should be able to park the van in it's spot now, without worrying about ice-sheets sliding off of the roof into the windows. YAY! *grin*

Technorati : , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

cool that the cat came back in. we were told with a new cat to keep it in the house for at least 3 weeks b4 we let it out. but guess your cat has been at your home b4.
All our ice and snow is allmost gone also. nice weather we are getting this week should help get the rest of it away also.
have a nice day.