Friday, December 1

Yesteday's birthday, today's snow

bdaytome.jpg

Yesterday was me birfday! :-)

It was a good day. Got up to hot tea again. Rain had gotten up at 7 although this is my week to be getting up early, just because it was my day. That was a nice gift :-) Then my DS mixed the pancake batter, and Rain made pancakes and bacon for breakfast for me. I didn't want an egg to go with the pancakes and bacon, but Rain and DD did. Rain then took a nap afterwards. After her nap and shower... well... *wink*. Okay, to make a long day's events short, I had coffee, cake, beer (6 pack), we played Monopoly for hours in the afternoon (I won!). After Monopoly it was time to watch Survivor, and after that I watched basketball and came down from my beer-buzz. *grin* Oh yeah, and the kids made me birthday cards for when I got up yesterday morning - those were sweet!

Got up at 7 this morning and when we went out to "do" the chickens, there was about 4 inches of SNOW! on the ground. One of the stupid chicken ran under the van last night when the kids went out to close them up, but when I went out to get her from underneath, she wasn't there, so we assumed she went to the coop with the rest of them. However, when we went out this morning she was sitting on the dresser that's on the porch. Luckily, she didn't freeze to death - it was 19*F when we went out. EEK! I couldn't get the shed door open because the snow had drifted in front of the door so there was that and it had sleeted for a while late last night so there was ice under the drift. *sigh* Unfortunately all the shovels were inside the shed in which I couldn't get into. So we had to kick as much of the snow as we could away from the bottom. When that wasn't working, I went and found a 2X4 and used it as a make-shift shovel and got enough of a gap between the door and the drift that I was able to squeeze in and get some chopped corn for the birds. Meanwhile, DD let the chickens out of the coop and some had a hard time getting from there to the overhang beside the house where I had spread their food. I had to coax several of them through the snow, and they were NOT happy, poor things. The ducks had the hard time. I'll bet their bellies were really cold. I know my feet were because my boots have slits that let water in and my feet were freezing! I spread a little hay from the shed to the coop, but I didn't have enough so that was pointless :-( *sigh* I did get the one end of the porch where the chickens usually hang-out when the weather's bad, somewhat shoved off. That cats are REALLY upset that there's snow on the ground. They go out for 2 minutes and then start pawing the door frantically to be let back in, then want back out 5 minutes later, but when you open the door and they see the snow that's STILL there, they hesitate and sometimes go out, sometimes not. Very annoying, cuz while that door's open there's cold air blowing on me! So that was yesterday and this morning. The sun is shining and it's VERY bright out there with the sun bouncing off the snow. Very pretty! :-)

Technorati : , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

lovelife said...

Hi sorry I missed telling you happy birthday. But happy birthday late.
seems like you had fun.
BB
wyldewyndlove