Thursday, December 28

Self motivation

Question: What do you call a follower who doesn't take direction well? Loser? Lazy? I ask because I think that describes me. I just hate being given orders, but I am not all that self motivated either. I tend to *do* best when I know what needs to be done, yet I have a problem deciding just what that is. One thing that kind of worries me is that my kids tend to be the same way, and I'm not any better at giving suggestions on thing to do than I am and finding them for myself. On the other hand, my DD especially doesn't EVEN like having things suggested to her. *sigh* I've done the list thing, and that worked to a degree, but it took what seemed like forever to finish that list, in fact that list still isn't complete, now that I think about it. *sigh* In my defense, one of the things on the list probably shouldn't be done right now, and besides, I don't have the paint for the outsides of the windows anyway. The other thing is making a screen-door to go between this room and the room with the cat food table in it. Again, no wood and no money to buy the wood and screen I'll need. And that other thing, making a frame for the bed to raise it higher off of the floor for my wife.

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. The sun is shining, it's currently around 40*F. I think I'll go roll-up the wire that's laying stretched out by the lagoon that we took down a month ago. I think I'll also start doing a project from the Missouri Conservation Frontiers program. Perhaps I can encourage the kids to join me.

Technorati : , , , , , , , ,

Powered by Zoundry

1 comment:

lovelife said...

hi I do not think you are lazy I think you seem to be alot like storm. right now he has a ton of stuff to do around the house like cut up 3 trees pile brush finish fencing the yard and do alot of stuff to the inside of the house and make a dragon cage and it seems like it all needed done weeks ago. O and he needs to make my fish pond for this summer lol and i am sure i will come up with more lol.
Thank you for the reply on my post. i will have a nice rest of the day got good news from the dr my breathing is doing better so I am so happy about that. No I need to keep on the meds. O he did want to give me a flu shot but I said no and he did not try and talk me in to that so I like him better now lol.well have a good day ok and do not work hard.